Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hi, I know you told me not to open another thread but I just had a dirty emg, with polyphasia in the sternocleidomastoid and loss of motor units at maximum effort, motor unit decreased. Along with the rest of my symptoms, dyspnea on exertion, exercise intolerance and others, I am beginning to think about the first resoirstory. my fvc is 94% right now. I have a normal chest CT scan and my cardio tests came back normal. in the emg there is no spontaneous activity. it is simply that polyphasia and loss of sternocleidomastoid motor units. A pinched nerve is not why the trapezius is perfect, since they both share the same nerve. and good tiredness. daytime sleepiness and need to sleep all the time. It is the first emg that they do to me in a respiratory muscle. My neuromuscular neurologist keeps telling me that it is not ALS but in the face of a normal CT scan and dyspnea on minimal effort, I have no doubts about the neuromuscular origin.

Im thinking un respiratory onset

As your neuromuscular doctor said that is not an ALS EMG. 94 % is a normal fvc. You are not asking a question nor are you diagnosed. Closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back