Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Corinth
My Mother-in-Law passed away this morning from Bulbar ALS. My Father-in-law is wondering what to do with the unused medications..............

signed
tired and sad

Tired and sad,

I am sorry that you have suffered this loss and for the sadness you feel right now.
I will pray for you and the rest of your family.

As for the medications, I'd say dump them down the garbage disposal or flush them down the toilet. If there were comfort meds left from hospice they should have been disposed of by the nurse on duty (that's my experience anyway).

Wishing you well,
Jeanne

If it's Rilutek you could offer them to someone with no insurance. Sorry for your loss.
AL.

Hi Texas. Thank you for offering to share in this time of sorrow. I am sorry about your MIL's passing. Cindy

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law's passing.

In the past when I have had pills that I could not use due to allergies or whatever I gave them to my doctor and he gave them to people who had no money for meds. They will not take capsules, due to possible tampering issues.

God Bless
Capt AL

tired and Sad,

Sorry for you MIL's passing. I'm praying for you and your family.

tired and sad

deepest sympathies to your entire familly for their loss,>Manfred

Hi bandtexas! So sorry to hear about your loss. May she rest in peace. Yeah, this als is a very horrible disease. It claims the best, and we'll never know why. I visited my son's grave yesterday, 9-03. It was his 3rd month anny since he passed here at home from this devastating disease. About the unused meds, when my son passed, I gathered everything, all his equipment, his cases of Ensure, unused gauzes, tubes, and what have you. So, when they picked up the equipment I asked them if they could please take everything else with them, and they did. Where in Texas do you reside? Just wondering. May God bless you and your family, and condolences to each one of you!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back