04/2012
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Lynn
Hi all
Next month I will be going for an evaluation for the Baclofen pump.
I am currently taking 120 mg's a day(some days more) and getting little or no improvement. I am also taking Tizanidine and Keppra.
My doctors are considering the pump so the medicine will go directly to my spine.
Anyone who would like to comment on this issue, I would appreciate any feedback you may have.
Thank you all.
Kevin G

Kev, check out the PLM site for others who have had the procedure done. My friend with a spinal cord injury had it done and she posts on there about it.

Hi Deb,
Thank you for your reply.I know this may sound dumb, but what is plm.

Kevin contacted me and i sent him my thread called " Baclofen Pump Tests / Use'

one day i will learn how to make them a link instead of just words :roll:

cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,
Thank you for responding. I appreciate your input.
If can get a 20% improvement, I'll be thrilled. Even 10% would thrill me.
So many great people here. It gives me hope.
Thanks again Peter and keep on pluggin.

My clinic Dr wants me to have one installed.

Can it be damaged if you fall on it? What about the tubing to the spine? Could it also be dislodged?
Do you have to take anti-rejection drugs?

Thanks,

- Jerry

I was like you, taking the max of every oral meds to the point my pharm. thought I was at the point of overdose. I did the pump trial it took three days in the hosp. Sorry to say I was not a canidate for the pump. It was like shooting water into my spine each day. I hope its right for you it sounds like it could be a wonderful thing.

It is a very large group composed of members with various ailments who post on their symptoms and what therapeutics they have tried and how effective they are.

It is a very large group composed of members with various ailments who post on their symptoms and what therapeutics they have tried and how effective they are.
I don't know why the above post was so broken up. It went to moderation and came back unrecognizable. I was trying to say that PLM is short for Patients Like Me and can be accessed at http://www.patientslikeme.com/forum Then search for "ALS".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back