Not open for further replies.

whimsy_1971

Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Noble
We have just received a loaner electric wheel chair for my husband until he can get his. The loaner chair has short arms, called the company and they said that was all they had for it and then his back hurts in it when he sets in no longer than 40 mints. The back cushion is thin.

We are going on a trip this sunday (alltel 400 in indy something he really wants to do) and was wondering if anyone could give me any quick suggestions as to help releave some of this pain for him. We will be on the road for 3 1/2 hrs one way and then at the races from 10 - 6 pm.

Has anybody got an Obus form back rest you could use in the chair. My brother uses a small rolled up towel as a lumbar support when driving long trips.

AL.

For the arm rests can you cut some pieces of wood maybe 3 X 12-14 inches glue some foam on them and hold them on the arms of the chair with elastic bands. Might not be pretty but could help.

AL.

If you have a tilt feature you can tilt him back slightly. This will reduce his need to support his torso with his elbows on the armrests.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back