Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
Walton-on-Thames
Hi I know I got told not to post again but I'm still worried and didn't know where to turn, since my clean emg on left side and 4 limb nerve conduction studies , I have produced heavy weakness which gets worse in the wrists/arms especially my right hand thumb I still have same issues on left side hand as of last time I posted , my walking has become a lot worse over the month especially with the right foot , I can still hold coffee cups and hold objects but when it comes to something like moving a spoon around a drink I really feel the weakness, I also have constant hypersalivation and yeast the tongue I'm on a second course of nystatin to try deal with this but it just stays, I also cough every time I eat and drink like my diagram is affected, I wouldn't say I have flat out clinical weakness but the fact I still have no twitching or pain is what worries me , I've been to doctors and AnE in the UK with the last visit being this Monday with a clean clinical exam from the oncall doctor , I have nerve conduction studies for the right side booked and also nuero appointment in may ,but nothing booked for the mouth symptoms, my only question is would that first emg I've had still be enough to rule out als, every time i ask a doctor if this could be long covid they are never sure , thanks , sam

Sorry I also have clicking and sometimes cracking in most joints I did have a rear end rtc (car accident) someone In to the back of me about 50mph so this might contribute as the clicking has been 2 weeks now.

You have no respect at all Sam. You are blatantly ignoring the polite request to stop.
You don't have ALS - it is that simple.
You know you don't.
We know you don't.
Some people do get some weird kind of satisfaction from poking at the terminally ill.
Fortunately we are a tough bunch and it doesn't upset us.
But enough is enough and with luck we can help you by banning your account so you are not tempted to poke again.

I wasn't here to poke at the terminally ill I'm sorry that wasn't my intention what so ever I only wanted advice I do see people come back and post and I know they get told not to , but some come back with a worry , even when I type to you now I can barely control my thumbs, if it wasn't for the fact that the symptoms didn't seem to match up so much I would never of come back, I've never once tried to be rude to anyone here at all I'm sorry for everyone in the world who suffers from this horrible disease , I only come here because I struggle to talk to anyone else about it because I get told just to look at stress and anxiety and the symptoms are not real I can feel then progressing that is the issue , for me the way I feel I will unfortunately be terminally ill there's not much explanation for what is happening to me , I wasn't here to be rude I was just here for help I'm sorry for everyone I offended before I'm blocked I just wanted to ask one question if I can take that first nerve conduction study to the bank even though it was 6 weeks after symptoms that's all I wanted to ask, I'm sorry again my health anxiety is bad normally but It has been through the roof since symptoms started.

You don't have ALS - that's it - you know it. YES you have been cleared already by EMG and we have told you that over and again.

No more - don't reply, you are doing this to yourself. Your symptoms don't even slightly match ALS.

We won't tell you again as you refuse to believe us.

Go back to your doctor with a print out of all this and ask for help, not with ALS but with your desperate fears.
We can't help that, but your doctor can if you will admit you have a problem.

Please - do not reply again.

Sam, I'll put it this way.... you're being a troll.

A person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting
irrelevant, or other repetitive content.

You've sent 12 messages.

Please take the advice Affected gave you above.

Like I said already it was not my intention to annoy or offend anyone at all , I can't help the symptoms I felt I really want to believe the first nerve conduction studies on mainly left side but everything since then has been so severe for my body especially right side I do hope the second set is clear and I think 2.5 months post symptoms that will be fairly concrete in my eyes and I should never have a need to post here or annoy anyone again like I said never an intention and I apologise whole hearted and I want to say sorry to everyone affected and everyone who's looking after someone affected by this horrible disease, if you met me you would realise I don't have a bad bone In my body I'm just someone with severe health anxiety going through the worst symptoms I've had in my 28 years and the only thing that brought me to post was the support I had first time round it meant a lot to me , like I've said already I'm sorry and I will donate also because I think it's only fair to show I'm not trying to be horrible , sorry again I won't reply after this I promise no matter what is said

Sam,

You've explained that you have severe health anxiety, which is something this forum is not set up for, nor does it exist to provide support to folk who are not diagnosed with ALS. You must find a more appropriate place to get the support you need and not ask people who have been affected by ALS to take time and energy to take care of you while you work through your health anxiety.

You were asked not to post, but you decided to do so anyway. This thread is now closed, as this forum can not provide you the assistance you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back