Bachelors Dream, no not that

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really am so sorry you have to go Thur this , this may sound dumb but , if they come out with a device that helps you breath or does the breathing for you ( implant)maybe with some luck they can come up with a swallowing device maybe also and hopefully soon as there are a lot of people with this problem , ....wishing you the best

GRRRRR

I just lost what I wrote! I hope I can remember so I can recreate it.

Barry, yes, I am a bit rebellious when I have to be! I was also forbidden to do anything but using formula but my system could not tolerate it. So I did it anyway and when the dietitian found out she was not too happy but realized I was going to do it regardless of what she said.
Her concern was having the tube clog because most blenders are not capable of liquifying food well enough.
Once she saw how well our Vita-Mix blender worked she was okay. Now she just asks how things are going and we are really good friends.
I also told her that if my tube clogs I would go out to the shop and use the air compressor to clear it, just a short blast of air should do it! She shook her head and said she believed I would actually do it. Then we had a good laugh.
I also told her that if she thought the formula was really that good an idea then she should try one - she refused and the discussion was over.

Joel,
I just had to send empathy for I have pushed the erase button one time to often. Had to share the pain.. It is always a good or long thought...

Thanks Joel, I'm going to experiment with my blender and I'll let you know how it turns out.

lol - good for you joelc

Hey guys , I am only "In Training" with my Peg right now. I am still a "fullface - feed the pie hole" person.

When you are pushing food through the tube , how fast do you do it ?

I suppose everyone will be able to handle it a different rates, but my flushing 4 times daily takes seconds. 50mil in that big syringe goes really fast.

Do you feel different when you are full ?

Can you get cold stuff in there ? I have a major ice cream habit.

You will know if you are pushing it through to fast so experiment and see what is comfortable. I have found you can put anything you want through your tube. Just make sure it is liquid enough to flow without clogging.

"Adventures in PEG Feeding" coming to a tube near you in the future.

Oooo has anyone had to pump in Pepto-Bismol through a PEG ? Look ma , its pink !

Check List:

Vitamix - not yet

Peg brush - not yet

Jack Daniels - not yet

I guess , the the sig says "Im not ready yet" :twisted:

Glen, you can use gravity feeding if the bolus (isn't that an appetizing word?) is fully blended and liquid. With gravity it goes in pretty quickly ... a few seconds a funnel full. I don't know why anyone would need to use a plunger except to squeeze thicker stuff through.

Yes, you can feel full ... but somehow not in the way you feel after an enormous meal by mouth. I feel a little queasy when I've taken too much, because I add a lot of extra water too.

Yes, you can take cold stuff. My stomach loves an ice cold Diet Coke in the morning, all fizzy and artifical chemicals.

Diet Coke? Why not the real thing?

There are some things ALS is not going to get, and the completely artificial chemical concoction of Diet Coke is one of them. It has a unique nasty zing! I don't even need taste buds for my tummy to know it when it feels it coming!

It doesn't work with real coke? How scary! That's a really neat thing to happen though! Take that ALS!

Keeker , I think Beth is just being feisty. Good for her.

I used "Real Coke" last night to clean my tube .

Glen

"Real Coke" is a white powder and I don't know if I'd advise putting that thru the tube.

Now don't go getting all literal on me !:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back