Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
Woooowww....i'm Excited, Yet Sad And Fearful At The Same Time....my Wife Is Pregnant With Our 2nd Child, Yet All I Can Think About Is Having Als!

Congratulations. Try to focus on the good things about it. Things have a way of working out.

AL.

Woooowww....i'm Excited, Yet Sad And Fearful At The Same Time....my Wife Is Pregnant With Our 2nd Child, Yet All I Can Think About Is Having Als!

Its because your mind is filled with anxiety. Enjoy life.. nobody can guarantee that you wont drop dead in 10 minutes. Why all the fear of something you most likely dont have?

Congratulations....have you thought about saving the cord blood...which is only thrown away....we have 2 grandchildren due between april and june 09 and are looking at saving the cord blood IN CASE it can be used for stem cell treatment...it is a long shot, but an opportunity we cant miss...and anyway stem cell is moving so fast that it could possibly be used for any number of things in the not too distant future.

Its Great To Have Something To Look Forward To

Yesterday I Found Out I Am Going To Be A Grandma

Pat

Congratulations, Cody and Pat !

Aaah...Nothing like a new baby! :-D Congrats to you, and your wife!

Hi Pat...Congratulations to you as well! 2 of my girls are married, but no babies yet.

Wonderful, another baby! :grin:

And Pat, congratulations on becoming a grandma (for the first time?)

Lydia

Congratulations!

Babies are certainly a blessing-

take good care,
brenda

Congrats to both Pat and Cody. Pat, I can't remember if you already have grandchildren but for me, I found grandchildren to be SO much fun! Blessings to you all! Cindy

congrats!

I know it will increase your anxiety. Are you on anything? I ask that with a caring concern, I am on lexapro. I have never been on anything untill this. IT has helped me, rember that I have a baby and 4yr, 7yr old. IT will help you enjoy the birth and all that goes with it. I worry the same as you, but I try to tell myself that I dont know how long I have and maybe this will go on for awhile and not get worse for awhile? YOu never know!

You are trully blessed to have your family!

they just started me on effexor...? we will see how it goes

Codya, Im going through similar sort of feelings at the moment as my girlfriend is just over 4 months pregnant. I got diagnosed back in June 08 with ALS and unfortunately I have split up with my ir friend but Im still buzzing about the baby trust me it has given me even more fight in my belly than I had before. Obviously you are in a strong relationship as this is your second child so enjoy the pregnancy and all that goes with it and focus on the good times ahead with the family.
Alastair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back