B12 Injections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried to get methylcobalamin? That is the one studied in Japan

Kim,
«*You’re not Japanese”?!?!

If you could have seen the expression on my face when he said that......at least I held my tongue......a miracle in itself.

Methylcobalamin is the more bioavailable and it is a natural form of B12 (cyanocobalamin is a synthetic), so it is the one I would use.

I’ll see if I can track some down - thanks!

For anyone not swallowing pills any more, not yet set up for injections, you can buy sublingual drops.

Last edited:
@ted as i counted, your intake is 1ml every (app) 36 hours... intra muscular, am i right? doctors said that 1ml is prophylaxic dose per month. we are ill, so we can use it every week. 5/week sounds huge, and body can used to it, so effect will become smaller by time. that is what doctors think.
smells good.
what means "...if administered early"? immediatelly after or even before onset? early in the morning :) ?
it is not defined what is "early"stage, since early stage in fast progressors is something different than early stage in slow progressors.

In the study early was within 12 months of diagnosis. We saw in the radicava study that benefit was demonstrated in early disease but fast progressing. It is always a question mark for those of who are slow progressing. We often look like people with faster disease who were just diagnosed. Benefit is harder to discern for us and researchers. When I started it I was almost 2 years in but my doctor felt it was worth trying

@nikki there are some people who were diagnosed few months before death, some are never, some are by chance. when i done 1st emng in 6/16, everything was fine. 15months later, 2nd emng was very dirty. 3rd emng was just a little worse than 2nd, 4th after 8 months same as 3rd.
when i am excluded to be "early"?

The study used time from diagnosis. Diagnosis varies tremendously for many reasons as does progression of course. As far as those who have brutally fast progression- going from truly fine to dead in a few months I don’t think anything is likely to make a noticeable difference until we can treat it before onset ( for FALS- a lot of the really aggressive forms are FALS)

For you you could make a guess when things turned but if you want to try methylcobalamin I wouldn’t say don’t because who really knows where to draw the line

My take on it is how can it hurt? Even if it doesn't slow progression, it might give you more energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back