B-12 Injection Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I am amazed they don't have a central database!

...yeah when I called there I asked that....they track each purchase although only use the info if something happens as a result of pot use....beyond that though, all the weed you could possibly want in any form....

Bear,
Do you mind me asking what you are paying per shot?

I received prescription for 25mg MB12 with a 2cc shot once a week. My pharmacy said it would run $58 a shot. But I have to purchase a month supply for 4 shots @ $232

Just trying to decide if I want to spend the money on this or if this quote is normal.

Not bear but I am paying 118 plus 15 for refrigerated shipping for 8 injections

My husband has CIDP, a neurological disease that can mimic ALS. I give him Methylcobalamin injections subcutaneous method. Have done so for several years (used to use regular B12 before the literature on Methylocobalmin came out). Much safer and easier to give it SC than IM for those without medical background. I am a retired RN but feel more at ease doing SC. I buy ours at the pharmacy non prescription 5mg. per ml for a 30 ml vial it is a $100 Canadian. Does Methylcobalamin improve his function? Probably not, but it helps further deterioration as he has significant muscle atrophy of the rt. hand/arm and rt. foot. I play around with dosage trying to find the least amount to give to sustain function. He does pee red urine with SC.

I got mine today from my local doctor. She uses it frequently for MS and has for years. She wants me to start with a smaller dose to check tolerance to the preservative it comes with. I'll have to check the cost per 25mg but it was lower that I thought it would be.

For me I get a 90 day supply of mb12 (90 pre-filled syringes ) for about $600. Pre-filled was only a little more so was worth it.

Bear how many milligrams in each syringe? Sure sounds handy to buy them as you are doing as long as the strength per ml is enough to help. What is your source if you don't mind sharing it? Thanks,
Laurel

Hi Laurel..... 25mg is in each syringe. Yes...it's a huge dose although it was used in one of the studies for ALS....either 25mg daily or 50mg 2x per week. ALS untangled dot com doesn't give an A rating for many reviews although it does for this....lowering homocysteine levels, reducing glutamate toxicity and oxidative stress are all very positive. As far as I know, MB12 is the active form of B12 and is in your system for a much shorter period of time. I would rather over-do it than under-do it. I don't notice any increase in function although since beginning the Deanna Protocol, regular acupuncture and these injections in October I haven't noticed a great deal or progression...knock on wood!! Can't say how much the MB12 has to do with it although would be surprised it isn't having some effect. Also....I now take it with Folic acid oral tablets....apparently MB12 and Folic are synergistic

....oh ...and as for the source, Skycare Compounding Pharmacy in Newmarket, ON. Do you have prescription drug coverage? I do and when my doc wrote a not saying I needed the injections I got most of it covered....

Bear thanks so much for the information. We can easily get the prescription. I will happily order from your Newmarket source as the price actually is great. Do you take it subcutaneous or IM route?

NP Laurel. Hopefully the shipping charges will be reasonable. I do SC now - Nikki and I had a discussion (...see above) about the route although when I did IM I found much seemed to be excreted in a short time, so I now do SC as the absorption rate seems to be slower....which is likely better for such a huge amount.

Bear,

have you ever thought a faster absorption rate might be better even though more is eliminated? Maybe there is something to that and that's why the study appeared successful? Just throwing that out there for consideration.

Hi Bear,
I have another question. You said you were doing 25mg per day? the Japanese study I read said 25mg or 50 mg twice a week. Can you give me the link to your study so I can show it to my doctor. Now I understand why my cost was so much lower. We were going with the 25mg twice per week from the Pub Med summary of the Japanese study.
Thanks for all your info.

For those doing it IM, are you going into your quad muscles? Bear, for your SC are you going into your butt?

I believe there was a dose dependent effect so the higher dose people did better than the 25 mg twice a week but both did better than placebo in the subgroup that benefited ( early disease still living independently even if unable to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back