awieleba

Status
Not open for further replies.
lily,

why would your neuro say that was good? It does not sound good, but then again maybe I am dumb blonde? With all that you have going on, how functional are you and how long has this been going on for you?

april

Aah....April I am blond, as well. With blue eyes. Needs a little help in the winter. :) I thought the same thing when doctor gave his explanation of the situation.....especially when I looked my 'own' biopsy results online....

Nothing looked good to me. I have 2 paragraphs (small) of bad news in 2nd biopsy. The bottom line says.....denervation.

I am functional for short distances. Take the mall strip for example. Sometimes I can do one strip before my legs are gone. I cannot do sand. Steps are challenging. Down hills, up hills. No endurance in arms. Like holding pocket book. Can't lift pots with one wrist. Atrophy of body parts. legs sometimes just give out....especially one, behind one knee.

I can bob up and down on legs but they tire within a few minutes and go into cramping. A few examples. My feet cramp, thighs, behind knees. Hands are stiff.

It took a few years for those things to happen. Things with my mouth. I will stop now. :neutral:

I have to make my lunch.

take care
lovelily

thanks for the response and I hope you continue to do well as can be expected! I have just started having weakness when in the kitchen with my pots!

I am not doing well today at all, I feel really down. I just woke up watched my muscle in my foot move by itself and on my legs. I feel like crying all day, sorry to be a bummer. My symptoms have gotten ALOT worse in just 2-3 weeks.

bless you all

april

We all have those days, April. Here's hoping yours passes quickly. :-D

April,

I love your family album your children are beautiful ! You are probably getting nervous because
of your appointment on the 27th.... I am very nervous because of my EMG on the 30th and get myself all worked up. Did you go back to the Rheumi for the bloodwork?

everyone ,

I don't understand why my sentences get broken up midline like that, it happens all the time!
only to me.....

Thanks,

sorry, I was so upset early. When something new happens it gets me down. I have had such in increase in weakness that it scares me. I dont know if it will get worse or level off. Idont think it will get better, i just dont want it to get worse.

Thank you crystal about the children, moms love showing off there kids! I am trying to post new ones of the family, those are form last year and Grace looks sooooo much cuter.

thanks for being there for me everyone.........

april

april...if i can ask....how long have you had symptoms? any twitching or just weakness?

Hi coya,

My symptoms length are hard to tell because I was pregnant last fall and Had my girl in Nov. But I did notice a real tiredness and breathing issues set in around end of summer. My calf felt funny.(I thought varicose vein or something). Anyway, I think it has been about 6-9 months that i can tell. I then get a colon infection and was in the hosp. so that was even harder to tell. In the beginning (dec) I had optic migranes, then I felt like every joint in my body hurt. I thought I had arthritis for sure. MY feet/ankle and hands/wrists and knee.
Alot of heel pain. THe thing that got me to the nuero was that my thighs felt weak and I developed a twitch (pull and release) in my hand. It happen when I feed the baby so I really thought it was nothing. Then they exploded to all over my body. I had some level of weakness proio but hard to tell. The twiching is now more like a pulse feeling. some I can see and some I cant see, some I can feel and some I cant. I am alot weaker now then before. I am not clinical weak, but I am having hard time. I can do things but my muscles burn or ache form it.

so, I guess to answer you Yes both! I had mild almost un-notable weakness, then twitching since march and now more severe weakness for my comfort level. I also have thinning out of muscle. the only one that they will say foresure is on my left hand b/w thumb and finger---that is bad, as it is a classic als spot. I can still use that hand but it feels funny. MY whole left leg is thinned out.

I hope all you have is twitching!

take care

april

yeh, as far as i can tell only twitching...i feel like ihave weakness and muscle wasting...but i think it is just my mind getting the best of me... my first twitch was my left eye....then in my arm by my elbow in both arms which is almost constant....i can also make them twitch more intense if i flex those muscles....then i get other random twitches in my calves, feet, back etc. sometimes my hands tremble a little....but i also know that I have anxiety and panic attacks, which can play a major role... i am also on paxil, xanax, and ambien...dont know if any of those cause twitching....but it still is enough to make me worry...on top of that im in fla in the middle of tropical storm, somy neurology appt,got cancelled today! sucks...i was ready to hear that it was nothing....

hang in there

cody

Lovelily,

Your are correct!

Jim

Hello Jim...I am trying to figure out what I was 'correct about?' Collateral sprouting? Besides I like when you type in the green print. :)

Have a nice weekend.

take care
lovelily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back