Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
Epsom
I have had various symptoms since July. Starting with cramps Pins & Needles in foot to numbness in foot and leg. Then moving to twitching in thighs for several days (it was very obviously in thighs) now it seems to be over an extended part of legs. I had a nerve conduction test done and the clinician said that I have some damage but not too bad (surely that is the case in the beginning) I have now got cramps in my hands and pins & needles also random twitching all over, my next nerve test will be done on September 23rd and it will be at least 5 days after that until the neurologist gets the results. Is there anything else it could be or am I kidding myself? I am so scared and hope that i can be a strong as some of your members if I am given the diagnosis. In the meantime I am just getting through the days I don't really know how.
Yes I have some weakness in my legs but doesn't stop me walking at the moment. The numbness seems to have disappeared from my leg and foot and all these other symptoms have taken its place.

Hello-

If you could read this: Read Before Posting

You will find it explained in that link that sensory issues point away from ALS.

Please let us know how your appointment goes. I am sure you will find it very reassuring.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I did read the document you sent me prior to posting. (I am now thinking I didnt understand it properly) however a sub part of it EMG weakness & Atrophy says typically in ALS you see bad EMG then weakness then atrophy. Is it a bad explaination? Am I barking up the wrong tree. (I hope so) and really appreciate any replies.

You have sensory ( feeling issues) and an abnormal nerve conduction study. Both point away from ALS. A nerve conduction study although often done with an emg is a different test and is generally normal in ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back