Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Austin
Haven't posted much since my PALS passing in 2018, but thought I would share this. I recently installed an automatic door on my 2nd bathroom so that in the future it can be converted for handicapped use. I needed to increase the clearance from 22.5" and managed to achieve 32.5". Part of that was accomplished using a sliding door and I decided to make it an automatic door. The hardware I used was a Mag-Lev model DZ-08 unit from Olide. Movement is via electromagnets so there is no mechanical connection between the door and the track. If there is a power failure (or the switch on the track is turned off), the door functions like any manual door and can be opened or closed from either side. There is a single push bar switch on the bathroom wall, first push closes the door, next push opens the door. It can also be controlled remotely with a smart phone app. Click on the short video below.

auto door

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I love automatic doors

We had an Open Sesame door installed. It opens with voice command through Alexia and closes automatically. It also opens/closes manually so there is no concern if there were to be an electrical blackout. My PALS used it frequently to go outside in his power chair. When he was unable to get out of bed, he’d use it to let the dog out/in. He was fortunate to have never lost his ability to speak. Had one installed in the bedroom and another installed at the back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back