Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
I am not sure what the settings are for this but the threads are staying open for many months. I really don’t think this works here because situations change with PALS and threads get pulled up that are irrelevant and sometimes painful. I do try to close threads that are discussing care issues when the PALS has died. if appropriate I link to the condolence thread.

this was not a problem here before but it has been in other forums and is starting to be now.

david can you look at this please?

thank you

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
did you just do this? Because it wasn’t happening Someone just posted this week on the in nemoriam thread for Chally that had a previous last comment in July. And the closing after 300 posts would be a problem for some valuable threads like the much loved Tillie’s trees, roll call and alphagories to name three. Is it possible to adjust this? Thank you!

David

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
did you just do this? Because it wasn’t happening Someone just posted this week on the in nemoriam thread for Chally that had a previous last comment in July. And the closing after 300 posts would be a problem for some valuable threads like the much loved Tillie’s trees, roll call and alphagories to name three. Is it possible to adjust this? Thank you!
Oh maybe it was working. YES, I just installed the addon to do this today.

David

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Okay, I've re-enabled it - let me know if you see anything strange happening.

They'll autoclose after 60 days if there's no recent messages within 60 days.

Last edited:

David

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Did some testing and this is working well.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Thanks David. I am wondering about the restriction on number of posts for a thread though. It so rarely happens. The current one, Tillie's Trees is over this threshold, and I worry about closure maybe causing a well loved subject to trail off or disappear if it's suddenly closed in what may seem like an arbitrary manner.

David

Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Thanks David. I am wondering about the restriction on number of posts for a thread though. It so rarely happens. The current one, Tillie's Trees is over this threshold, and I worry about closure maybe causing a well loved subject to trail off or disappear if it's suddenly closed in what may seem like an arbitrary manner.
I think it's just by date. Let me know if it autocloses and I'll look at it.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Oh, just found this after posting in Tillies trees. It would be a shame for this to close as occasionally people have reported to me having a really hard time and have sat and gone through from the beginning and been uplifted, so splitting it would be sad as it would disconnect how Neil started this way back when.

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
Oh, just found this after posting in Tillies trees. It would be a shame for this to close as occasionally people have reported to me having a really hard time and have sat and gone through from the beginning and been uplifted, so splitting it would be sad as it would disconnect how Neil started this way back when.
We won’t let that happen.