Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Anyone have trouble with their insurance company re: insurance for PALS and the vehicle?

Looking for any experiences you may have in that regard, as our company has called asking for letter from doc saying it is Ok for hubby to drive. Said they "noticed" he wasn't working and asked why? The agent told them he has ALS, but is fine now, but they want letter.

Has your insurance gone up because of ALS DX? Has your insurance been cxd?

TIA

Hi CJ

Can't help you with that one but maybe ALS Clinic social worker could.

My husband cannot drive and we notified insurance and they said no discount on our already sky high NJ rates.

Patty

In Canada you must inform your insurance agent because if you have an accident they may decline coverage because they were not informed. If you are switching to hand controls you must take another road test to be licensed for hand controls.

I wish there were more responses, too, CJ. I was watching this thread with interest!

I haven't had any changes in my insurance but I don't believe they know of my diagnosis either. Does the doc have an issue providing the letter? If they're trying to increase your rates or drop you the only thing I can think is to contact a lawyer familiar with GA insurance laws. I'm willing to bet they can't up and drop/change insurance based on a diagnosis but you never know.

I haven't gotten a definitive reply from the doc yet. I was originally told he would have to be re-evaluated at the next clinic visit, which isn't til 07/11. I'm asking them to go ahead and provide an interim letter stating he is fine to drive at this time and will be re-evaluated July 11.

The insurance company is demanding letter by July 01. Don't know what they'll do if they don't get it. I've talked to the agent and asked him to reason with the home office.

This is yet another circumstance to add to the pile that must be dealt with. Insurance companies rule the world. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise!

I didn't tell them, I just quiet driving.

Tom,

Me too. When it came time for renewal we took me off the policy. Guess what the ######** did? Upped our rate $12 because we didn't get the multiple driver discount now. Be very careful what you tell the nice insurance person.
AL.

In retrospect, we should have waited until the doc told us he can't drive any longer before we mentioned any diagnosed to the agent.

Now I'm sure they will be hounding us about this issue constantly.

Well, maybe someone else will now beware (like AL said) "the nice insurance person." LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back