05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
It's xmas eve now, 8pm.

Stinking hot day, so humid it was hard to breathe for a few hours!

My son arrived after a 4 hour drive and we had a nice couple of hours sweltering. Then off to the coast to buy prawns, oysters and salmon steaks and a LOT of ice.

2.5 hour drive up to my daughter where we are about to set out some platters of cold foods and have a few pre-xmas drinks. (they've just raced up to the bottle shop as she wasn't prepared)

Tomorrow we drive another 2 hours up to another son to consume seafood and some of the 40 cucumbers I picked out of the garden this morning ... we will cook the salmon on the BBQ of course and eat cold foods with it.

I'm so glad I am doing a bit of a road trip with my children for company as it would have been far too many memories on my mind had I been preparing food and setting things out at home this year.

Not feeling like it is xmas at all which suits me really. Just a nice trip to have some nice time with my kids...

Tillie, thank you for sharing that. Sounds like a great time of family togetherness with a very different menu than we Americans think of as traditional.
Appreciate your comment about "not feeling like Christmas at all which suits me really." I feel so "Scroogy" - no decorations or special baking for when my family comes tonight for our Christmas Eve. Need to adopt your philosophy that it's just fine that way and just enjoy the family and the peacefulness our candlelight church service will bring tonight.
Have had a family joke that if I wasn't here, hubby wouldn't bother making Christmas come. Ironically, without him here, it isn't coming either in the way it always used to. Hope your day was time of drawing closer in love. Hugs. Donna

Tillie and Donna, it's not the same for us this year. Thinking of you both as we go on with our lives without our loved ones.

Tillie, your menu sounds great.

Debbie

Debbie

Christmas eve morning here, Sun just rising. My house is full of family still sleeping. We will eat, drink and celebrate the holiday and just being together.

Glad you are with family, Tillie. Distracted. Maybe having some laughs.

Merry Christmas and thank you for helping me through the hardest year of my life.
Kay

Merry Christmas and thank you for helping me through the hardest year of my life.
Kay

Tito quote Max: ditto that!

5.30 on xmas morning now, sending a ho ho ho out to you all.

I didn't sleep great being on a mattress on a lounge room floor with my son on the lounge next to me, but slept some, that's all ok.

Cup of tea given to me on waking at 5 am (it's already light and hot enough to still have a fan blowing on me. I settle back with my cuppa and open my email ... oh my son has tagged me on fb ... stupidly I click the link.

Last night he lit the candle that Chris gave us each last xmas, along with a piece that he wrote about how much he loves each of us and hates that he can't talk to tell us. My son had this framed and had photographed it all sitting like a little shrine.

I can't stop crying, OMG xmas day has just begun.

Ah, lord, Tillie. I'm sure I speak for all when I say I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

I expect/hope this will be similar to when we first got the diagnoses (shock/disbelief/pain) and how with time the jagged edges dulled. At some point the photo will result in bittersweet but fond memories, and not a shot to your heart...

I'm moving to Australia! Have a wonderful visit my Dear!

Holding your hand Tillie and sending a big hug to you! Steph

Tillie...I am sending a great big hug,my thoughts are with you.

Donna...I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through sending warm thoughts your way.

Got the most beautiful sun catcher ornament from our granddaughter. Shaped like a teardrop, it reads:
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I followed the path God laid , you see.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee.
God wanted me now; he set me free.
It is engraved with his name, dates of birth and death! What a perfect summary of what we need to remember. Merry Christmas to each of you.

Got the most beautiful sun catcher ornament from our granddaughter. Shaped like a teardrop, it reads:
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I followed the path God laid , you see.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee.
God wanted me now; he set me free.
It is engraved with his name, dates of birth and death! What a perfect summary of what we need to remember. Merry Christmas to each of you.

Donna, what a beautiful gift. Thinking about you today. Hope you are surrounded by family. Steph

Donna, Tillie, Debbie, big hugs to all of you. Mayyou find peace this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back