Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
UK
State
west midlands
City
birmingham
I have a strong familial link on my mothers side to ALS/MND where several people have passed away from the disease.
My Aunt(mothers sister) has recently passed away from Parkinsons (apparently)
However,I suspect that this was a misdiagnosis as the disease from start to finish only lasted 2 years and was very progressive..............not the usual for Parkinsons.
My uncle even comented that his wife reminded him of when my mother had ALS/MND.
I guess the medical profession dont always get it right when dealing with a somewhat rare disease and have missed the opportunity to conduct genetic testing.
It seems no one is being spared of this disease on my mothers side of the family

I hope you are free of this dreadful disease. Sorry about your aunt. It may not have been MND and even if it was you may still be OK. Thinking of you.

Thanks for the kind words but me and my Aunt (on mothers side) don't buy it.With the family history and the speed of progression along with one of the Doctors saying they had never seen Parkinson's progress so fast,it has ALS/mND all over it.
When I gave the blood for research I was told that I would not be given the result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back