Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
For those of you able to get to Toronto , the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute has a free program for people with difficulty writing, talking and computer skills. I was there last week to find out what was available for me as I lose the use of my hands. Stephen Tse is the Occupational Therapist that I dealt with. He can be reached at 416-597-3422 ext. 2518.
As I said it is free and they will do an assessment of what your loss of function is and in my case they showed me some accessability options on my computer and fixed me up with typing splints. They can help with voice banking, software and hardware. Some of it is covered by ADP. Stephen could advise you on that. His email is [email protected] If you are having any communication problems they may be able to help. Don't be shy. He wants to help.
Al.

Sorry guys but this post is important and it was going further down the list so I'm trying to bump it up again. This is not advertising per se. It is free help for ALS sufferers and they also work with people that have had strokes and other incapacitating injuries.

Al, this type of advertising is of course welcome and most definitely encouraged. It's a free resource, it's by professionals, and its very helpful.

I think if there's many of these types of resources available throughout Ontario, and North America we should consider putting them on the front-end directory as a resource list. May be broken down by state/province and service type.

Bumping this one up again for those that can get to Toronto and seeing as someone was asking about computer problems in another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back