Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
Does Anyone Else Have Signs Of Atrophy With No Weakness>?

Your other muscles could be doing the work, and you may not have true atrophy. Atrophy will have a weakness with it..

I have atrophy with out clinical weakness. I feel weak, as I can not play tennis for 2 hrs like before or at all for that matter. (but to be honest, I have not tried either.). Ihave thinning muscle's but i can walk and cook and take care of my kids.

My atrophy is in hands and feet. Well, my hands hurt and are weaker to me. MY feet are bad and it is hard to wear high heels.

so, i dont have any insight to tell you. I got it but I am moving and I even did I leg kick on both sides for my son, so It cant be that bad in comparision to the folks on here.

Everything is all relative....

can u see the atrophy in your hands?

YES! I have seen your photos and you have a fatty pad on your thumb
MY whole palm has thinned out. MY muscle b/w thumb and finger is notable. so is my feet. I may post a photo. I have an emg on them with it being clean as of now.

Your photo seems fine.

MY als nuero finally said yes, you have that on your hands and her answer was maybe a pinched nerve. I laughed! Well, I had an mri on my whole spine..

i know i think the worst partof all of this is the waiting game...i mean i know that im not being the best i can be for my family right now...and i need to be...but its so hard when you are constatntly dealing with this..

I agree,

I was not the best in the early summer and I spent most of my time on here and other sites. I think that some of us have to go throught that. I am doing better and I dont spend as much time on line. I dont want t0 miss a minute with my kids. Ihave started a journal for all of them and photo books. I would have never got around to such things before. Infact, I spend alot less time. I told myself if I cant move about and my neuro tells me that I have als, then I will have plenty time to spend on line. IN the mean time I do everything to keep busy. I say yes to everything and work at my kids schoool and signed up for classess and I volunteer in at their school. I go to everything in my sub with my nieghbors and just plain keep so busy that I dont have time to be on line as much. It has worked wonders for me.

Good luck and hold our the faith.

I think that some of us have to go throught that.

I think you are right, April. The worry and fear can wear you down but there is that old saying, "Act as if..."

I started acting as if I am well and strong and now I believe it! Now when my legs won't take me upstairs, I sometimes feel surprised, LOL. Other times I say to myself, "Oh. I forgot I can't always do that."

But it is a big difference from telling myself that this is what the doctors were afraid of. It is all in the presentation of the facts, as I see it! :smile:

thank you guys for your insight...its appreciated

Very Rough Morning Mentally........

I Swear To Anything My Thenar Muscle Is Getting Smaller Dailey...of Course Only I Notice, Because I Study It...and Now This Pain In My Elbow/forearm Area?

I Feel Like Im Gonna Have A Breakdown!

Very Rough Morning Mentally........

I Swear To Anything My Thenar Muscle Is Getting Smaller Dailey...of Course Only I Notice, Because I Study It...and Now This Pain In My Elbow/forearm Area?

I Feel Like Im Gonna Have A Breakdown!

The pain is normal when you keep watching your dent and doing silly strenght tests with your thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back