Other
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Phoenix
Hi all,

I posted earlier about what appears to be atrophy or some "dent" on my left leg just below my calf. At first I thought it might have been there all along but now it's been almost two days and what looks like a rash has appeared in the exact area of the dent. Every pore in the area and just around the area is red. So now I'm very confident that this is new.

So, my question is, do rashes, or things that look like rashes, appear in areas of atrophy.

Also, I had a question about the rate of atrophy. Would it be likely that if atrophy did occur that it would be significant atrophy almost overnight? Like one day it's not there and the next it is obviously apparent?

Thank you.

Justin

Last edited:
Hi Justin,
My husband has an atrophied right hand and right forearm from CIDP. The atrophy took several years i.e. it was gradual. And no he has never had a rash with the atrophy. I'm no expert on muscles, but when one of our horses gets an indentation in a muscle it usually is from banging into to something. I have a older gelding that has a couple of muscle indentations from whacking into things at speed. When you talk about a sudden indentation and a rash, I think of possible infection. Also repetitive overstraining of muscles can cause an indentation from what I have read.
Laurel

Justin. You don't have ALS. Rashes are not part of it. Atrophy doesn't happen overnight. I think you need to see a doctor. For anxiety, not what you think is ALS related.

AL.

rashes happen with lupus and lupus can cause a host of muscle weakness and other things. All my docters or neuro's ask about rashes. I WISH I could say yes....

Thank you. I have an appointment with both my primary care and neurologist tomorrow so hopefully they can figure something out.

Morning Justin. I hope things go well and you get some good answers. Let us know how you make out.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back