AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Atrophy and EMG- To Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor11

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Swe
State
-
I´m sorry about your accident, hope you are better now.

I´d like to ask you something about your atrophy in buttock, since I notice same thing in my right buttock, which is visible smaller than the left one. I also have atrophy in both hands and starting right wrist, which is a bit weak and cold all the time. I also have atrophy in calf , and right leg is not very good for long walks. I started with fascikulations in calves in november, now they are spread to many parts of body, but not so persistent as in calves.
I made an EMG, and neurolog saw some changes in right leg, but said it was old chronic changes that came from old back problems probably.
What I like to ask you is if you had a bad EMG early on when you noticed changes in muscles, or it came later? I don´t trust neurolog 100%, especialy since he dismissed me and didn´t give an alternative explanation.

With regards

victor

Al

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
In my case I noticed weakness before fascics. Fasscics in calf in Dec/Jan. Dirty EMG and diagnosed in Oct.

AL.

victor11

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Swe
State
-
Did you have a dirty first time EMG, or did you have clean EMG before that?
How long before weakness did you notice atrophy?

victor

Al

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
I think first one was dirty. I didn't know enough to ask then. Doubt he'd give diagnosed without bad EMG/NVC tests. Can't remember time between atrophy and weakness but it was quite a while.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock