kittyangel

Country
DE
State
Hannover
City
Langenhagen
At what point is a EMG to something?

Do I have weakness? Do I have convulsions?

Sorry I don't understand the question? Are you asking at what point can you safely determine the results of an EMG indicate ALS?
Darryl

Yes that's right. It may be too early?

When can see it at the earliest?

You have had repeated EMGs over the last few months and all of them have shown that you do not have ALS/MND.

You have repeatedly been told that EMGs are sensitive enough to pick up ALS before active symptoms present.

On one of your previous threads you complained about the neurologist refusing to do yet another eMG, and said you should have one to ease your anxiety.

Well, you have had another one which was clean and it hasn't eased your anxiety at all because you are back here yet again trying to get posters to disagree with the many doctors who have told you that you do not have ALS/MND.

You do need medical help because clearly you are obsessed with this disease, but spending time on the web is not helping you in any way. I hope that you will get the help you need...

Certainly, you are right a way.

My problem is always progressing symptoms. Hence my insistence. Fear is of course no question. I have two small children !

Maybe you have an answer to my symptoms ?

Kittyangel.

What on earth are you asking?

How would we know if you have weakness or convulsions.

I had an EMG that says I have MND, I have no clinical weakness, my clinical assessments are that of a relatively healthy 43 year old male. BUT my EMG indicates and the interpretation by an internationally recognised MND professor says I have MND.

I too have a small 2 year old, I have the disease but I am not obsessing about the disease, I am living my life one day at a time.

For your own sanity, I suggest that you are in a far better clinical position and you too should live your life one day at a time.

If the doctor told me I had a clean EMG, you wouldn't see me for dust. I would be living my life and living the plans and dreams we had. For now, the plans are out the window but we are now making happy memories for us as a family.

Ian

I see you've been reading that "too early to EMG" thread. I suggest you stop, and realize that there's nothing to be gained from looking at that particular thread except the part where trfogey says that there is no such thing.

You have had your clean EMG. You have been looked over by a neurologist. You don't have ALS.

What you do have is anxiety problems. If you need help getting your anxiety under control, ask a doctor to write you a prescription for anti-anxiety drugs.

Many thanks at all :)

Ian, please why then emg was done with you? what symptoms you had?

I lost over 20kgs in weight, I had cramping in my muscles for 2 years, I have very visible twitching for 1 year.

All other tests were negative (MRI, PET and CT scans, X-ray, lumbar puncture, blood tests) there wasn't anything else to try so did first emg in January, nothing much reported, another in July indicated neurogenic abnormalities, another in October supports a diagnosis of MND.

I am told I have a very slow progressing form of MND.

My clinical scores are all very good. I feel fatigued and I have real difficulty lifting my head off the bed but other than that, I don't have a lot of symptoms. Long may it continue.

My case is not typical, but the EMG has certainly shown changes before any clinical weakness in my case.

I wish you well.

Ian

I also have a well respected Professor of Neurology that knew something was wrong and relentlessly and persistently followed it up until she found an answer.

It wasn't the answer I was looking for but I can't change it.

I have to make Lots of happy memories for myself, my wife and importantly my little girl.

I want her to have fond memories of me and hold me in high regard when she thinks back about me.

Ian

Thank you and good luck.

Unfortunately, these ALS / MND is at the beginning of each very different.

I had 4 clean EMG, so I must now believe so. Unfortunately I have very odd symptoms, but perhaps also disappear.

Hopefully I will not have to come back here.

Thanks to all.

None of mine were clean. They showed symptoms that were initially treated as something else. My neuro wasn't happy and said it may take sometime but She saw something in the beginning that the others didn't.

I have to trust her.

If you've had 4 clean emgs I would get some assistance with your anxiety but get on with your life.

I have MND / ALS and I intend to do that anyway. It upsets me immensely but I am a long way from where some of the other posters are here are and they are getting on with it.

The alternative is not worth thinking about.

Take your children to the park, love them, hug them, enjoy them, and enjoy living - it is what I intend to do.

Ian
X

4 clean EMGs = happy days.

And I agree you must believe so for now.

I am not discounting your concerns. Clearly you have issues but rest assured ALS/MND is not one of them.

Keep vigilant, if things change see your doctor but for now. Live your life.

I wish you well

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back