Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Gilbert
I was nominated by the local ALSA chapter to be the subject of a documentary on fundraising and the Ice Bucket Challenge and ALS for the ASU School of Journalism. The students did a great job considering the subject patient could break many cameras and mirrors.

I would love to get your comments on the video to pass on to the students. They got an A- and it was nominated into a competition by their professor. It is 26 minutes long. They edited it way down considering they did hours of shooting.

My granddaughter just got here so I have to go. Here is the link to the documentary http://youtu.be/EOQldCMkz04 on YouTube (I think). Or you can find it by searching YouTube for "A MOVEMENT: AN ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE STORY".

They are hoping for a lot of views and have been stuck in the 400's for a while.

Thanks in advance.
Doug (& Max, Curtis and Devin)

Please contact me directly or in this post if you have any suggestions for the students (or me). I know it is long, but has a lot of good information and I want to know how I look to strangers :)

Doug

Doug, you and your family MADE the video. The students were fortunate to have such a natural and well-spoken subject to work with. I heard several people complain about the challenge as it wore on--I wish they could have seen the personal face that you gave to the movement. Thank you!

Nuts,

Thank you. I admit I cried when my son was on. He holds it in sort of like me.

Doug

I finally got the time to sit and watch this through properly today. Being half an hour long I had to wait til I could take the time to do this, and it was SO WORTH THE TIME.

It is done so well, the story it tells as it winds through so many buckets of ice and then on to you and your family ... wow

I have shared it on my fb and into every fb group I belong to and others are sharing it out from my links now. Hopefully that will start to get it spread out there.

Many of the members here are on fb, so I do encourage you all to share it there too (not a link to the forum page - click on the actual you t u b e link on the top of the embedded video here and it will take you there to get the share link).

Well done Doug, and so great to see you talking in person. I shed many tears on and off all the way through! Your son was a real heart wrencher, he was so open and honest, you must be so proud of him for opening himself to the world like that. I could go on and on about all the bits that stood out to me, but instead I'd encourage everyone to find that half an hour to sit back and watch it.

Tillie,

Thank you so much. I have also posted on my FB page. The local chapter here did as well. I am waiting to watch the complete unedited interview with my son. I know it is going to be tough. I don't know if I can watch Karen, that will put me over the top (they gave me both complete interviews).

Of course I wish I didn't have to be a part of this exclusive club, but have been so totally encouraged by so many people (I lurk here often).

Happy 2015.
Doug

Just watched the video, well done to all .
Great to be able to put a face to your name.
Love Gem

Just started watching it and noticed a picture of our team, Kay's Shining Stars from the October Tucson Walk, right at the beginning. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back