Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say that its never too early to bank your voice. It was a lot of work for me. I was playing with the Model Talker last night and experienced some words where I detect the problems I am having now getting the words out.

Yes , you have to learn to phonetically type . example: "I had a great time" sounds better when typed like "I had a grate time"

Being Canadian , you need the EH sound. I ended up with AI

Rose , I received the settings you sent me. They HELP ! thank you. I am experiencing the settings being lost also. I will ask the company about that.

Pat,
I'd wondered about phone use with the communication devices. All I knew was that this was a feature, but don't know how its done. ... I see where Barry has already consulted with "his" Ryan, and he's feeling social too. I can't help but want to be able to have a variety of voices on my device, so I can say to someone "Who would you like me to be" LOL.

Thanks for sharing the phonetic advise guys, we'll get it figured out.

Yeah, and about the Canadian Eh, some of my stuff almost sounds British (?) Just every so often, a word or the way the words are phrased together within a sentence.

I want to thank all of you for this discussion. I had just about given up on my recordings, but after reading your comments, I will get back to them. Thank you so much.

It is for PALS (among others). I am assuming it is a for profit company, it does have information this is useful though, that I've not read organized together in one easy place, it talks about wheelchair mounting of the communication device, about scanning options. Some of this had been explained to me by a SPL earlier....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back