Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
I have posted once before. My husband is in the "testing" phase, so as of right now, he only shows signs of UMND and seizures (they progressed to grand mal as of a couple days ago and is being treated, accordingly.)

Our house was up for sale, before all this has happend, and we have decided not sell because of my husband's health and uncertainty. But we have the intention of trying to sell next year--when we know more.

Now, we have a small delimma and want everybody's opinon because you are impartial and have walked-the-walk.

We have saved "small potatoes" to purchase a new home (and I mean SMALL) and will apply some $ to medical bills. We have a little left over...................

We want to install wood floors in our house for few reasons: 1. We like them 2. We have raised our dogs from puppy-hood and, well, you know what THAT means 3. There is a possibility that my husband will be using a wheelchair in the future 4. And, well, we like them............

My realtor say's, "no" to installing the floors based on resale value--she doesn't feel it will "pay off."

My dad say's, "no" based on he doesn't want us to waste our $--well, he grew up with carpeted houses.

A doc that I work with said, "wait" there may be a chance that there is a grant for such a situation. (if my hubby need a wheelchair.)

So, what do y'all think? Wood floors, wait, or no go until we figure out what's up with the husband?

I cant answer that for you, but i can suggest wood looking laminate flooring. still looks very nice, but is loads cheaper.
Just another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back