Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
London
Hey All.

I have spent some time reading through the forums here, attempting to see if my symptoms match any of the kind advice posted. I see some of my symptoms, here and there, but not all of them together. So I'm just hoping if anyone can tell me how there ALS started, in regards to some issues I'm currently having. I am a 23 year old so some of the symptoms don't make very much sense.

1. Muscle twitching in my hands, (both) legs, thighs, torso, eyes, pretty much everywhere.
2. Feeling rather tired and achy after small exercise that shouldn't tire me out.
3. Shaking of limbs if I hold them up, for instance hand held out in front of me, leg held up while laying down, hips held up while laying down.
4. Some recent changes in my left hand muscle, noticeable dent next to index finger when hand is closed (pictures attached)
5. General clumsiness of hands, dropping things for no reason etc.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_113121.jpg
    IMG_20211114_113121.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20211114_113141.jpg
    IMG_20211114_113141.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20211114_113152.jpg
    IMG_20211114_113152.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
We don’t like to describe onset because unfortunately some anxious people read symptoms and then develop them.

I will say your pattern doesn’t seem familiar and most people report their first symptom was an inability to do some everyday task or activity

please see your doctor and don’t worry in the meantime

Hey Nikki.

Thank you for replying to me, it's appreciated.

For sure I have booked an appointment with GP, I have been told to wait just over 8 weeks due to covid backlogs.

Its the muscles pulsing and changes in hands that's worrying me a little, apart from that I feel pretty normal to be honest.

Thanks again,
Matt

It's always a good indication - if you come here and read our important post linked below, then think - mmm it doesn't seem to be all the things I'm experiencing. This indicates you are experiencing things not related to ALS, rather than we all forgot to mention a bunch of things.

Work with your doctor when you get your appointment as they can examine you and track any changes and order and interpret tests for you.

Muscle twitching and pulsing means absolutely nothing at all, so let that one go.

Hey, thanks for your reply it is appreciated and I have indeed read the post mentioned.

I saw a GP who has referred me for blood tests, and to see a neurologist, and have some scans.

I am wondering what the possibility is that I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands (as doc has confirmed I have muscle loss in both hands, I'm only 23 so this is not particularly good) and some sort of deficiency causing the muscle spams?

The back of Both hands are showing deeper depressions now, but only next to my index finger when flexing fist.

These are all great questions for a doctor examining you.
We can't see you, and we are not doctors.
We know ALS really well and can answer questions about that, which we have done.
Do let us know the outcome and now concentrate on healing.

Thanks for replying to me I appreciate it. I have just realised all of my questions and posts have been self central and only about me, reflection of course points out how rude that is. How are you keeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back