Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tallahassee
This isn’t so much of a rant (what’s the point of ranting right now anyway) but a head shaking observation of TV commercials that seem so...30 days ago.

Like many of us, the global financial collapse (putting aside for a moment the vastly greater issues of the likely shocking death totals I think are coming and the potential complete breakdown of society in the hardest hit areas) has washed away, like “castles in the sand” (nod to Jimi Hendrix), much of the financial security my wife and I worked so hard to ensure for her after my death. And I’m sure many of us, probably most of us here, are facing similar realities. That, on top of just trying to survive another day.

And yet, the channels are still full of Matthew McConaughey selling high end Lincoln SUV’s, ESPN pushing an all access sports channel (lets all keep up with latest NBA scores everyone!), Caribbean cruises, happy, smiling, partying folks that overcame the heartbreak of psoriasis with the latest drug, the mouth watering “lobster fest” at Red Lobster, and, well, you get the point.

I guess I get it...the companies paid for the ads, why not run them, but again, it’s humorous if it weren’t so damn out of touch. So February, if you will. K

Yeah, I find it especially odd that there are a number of cruise ship commercials running.

Here's the thing. Idiots are still trying to go on cruises. People from my building and other friends just returned from a cruise. People are still flying in and out of Daytona Beach. Bikers came and one was dx when he got back home. We still don't have test kits in Daytona Beach, Florida. Lord knows how many of these people have infected others. My friend's wife was feeling ill when she left on a 10-day cruise. She was sick on the ship but they let her off. Now she is home trying to get better but cannot be tested.

THAT is what is madness. Most PALS and CALS understand staying home most of the time. These people just want their high.

The toilet paper continues to stun me - still none on the shelves when I do venture in each week.
What amazed me is that I went to buy some rum. I don't drink often, so was wondering if the bottle shop would be as empty as the toilet paper section because wouldn't everyone be sure to stock up on this?
Nope, looked like normal stock levels. 🥴

At first I was concerned that the game and talk shows were still operating with studio audiences and I waited days before I realized they had switched to reruns. Dah!!! It’s still very weird to see everyone hugging each other on Ellen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back