Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Al
City
Huntsville
Hey guys and gals.
I want to first say thank you so much for taking the time to read this and others posts on this subject. I know it can’t be easy for all of you, and it has to get tiresome. Also to say god bless to each and everyone of you that is affected by als.

I’m 23 and a male. I get pretty worked up about most of my symptoms i ever get. Mostly after I always end up dr googling things. But a little over a month ago I went on my honeymoon and got sick and felt extreme fatigue all over my body. (I would’ve called it weak before reading this and the bfs forum) then after that for the next month I kinda had a weird feeling in my legs I guess you could say. I really don’t know how to describe it other that maybe halfway asleep?

Then maybe 2-3 weeks ago I had a bad cramp in my right calf. I had been working outside and didn’t think much of it even though I hadn’t had a cramp like that since early high school. I don’t specifically remember twitching then but I might have.

Fast forward to last Monday (not 3 days ago 10 days ago) I was out fishing on a boat for the majority of the day and then got extremely crampy and twitchy. And I haven’t been back right sense then. Tried to rest it but my legs feel like they will cramp over nothing.

The biggest concern are the twitches to me because they can move my limbs, like my whole foot or hand will move when it twitches. The twitching(which is what dr googling brought me here with) is pretty spread out but right now it’s mostly localized in my legs and sometimes my hands. Also sometimes my eye. But this isn’t the prominent symptom anymore as it was in the beginning. More big jolts that move my hands or legs/feet.

But since last Friday I have felt so weak(its perceived weakness I know:( ) my arms and legs get fatigued so quickly and I barely feel like I can make myself walk around.

I’ve had random pains that come and go quickly, and after being outside this weekend pretty much all day, I woke up the next day and was insanely stiff all over(which I’ve never had happen before).

As I type this my leg will twitch and move my entire leg. And I had a random pain under my right knee that’s already came and gone. I’m trying to leave out symptoms I can directly correlate to my anxiety like feeling every time I swallow, and being hypersensitive to every time I mispronounce a word.

Last night as I was cooking dinner my arm started burning after holding my kitchen knife for almost no time and it took me extra effort to open a jar for dinner( and I am normally a strong guy).

I have been basically testing every muscle in my body since Friday every day, walking on heels and toes, gripping things, contracting my back and chest, curling and extending my arms. It’s absolutely consumed me. I measured my muscles for atrophy and all of that to, checked my hands etc.

I think the thing that freaked me out the most was when I first started googling my symptoms I can across a form from a pcp I believe that stated that someone that was 39 and worked construction came in and complained of cramps and then came back in 6 months later profusely twitching and cramping and got diagnosed with als after a visit to the neurologist because of a foot drop.

I’m trying to make an appointment with my pcp today.

I know it’s probably all in my head, and I’m sorry for most likely wasting all of your time. Maybe y’all know a more likely “sickness” this cramping and twitching and weird feeling legs could be anyway, just from people like me making these posts.

Thank you all so much again,
Andrew

Hi Andrew.

NO ALS, not even close.

Drink gatorade, eat bananas. Next time you cramp, rub dirt in it and walk it off.

Stay away from Dr Google.

Enjoy your bride. Good luck,

I figured. I went to my pcp this morning and they are doing full bloodwork. Including a search for creatine kainese.

I can’t shake these cramps all over and am really hoping it’s something simple and easy to fix. I appreciate your reply mike.

What's the medicinal properties of rubbing dirt on a cramp? Dehydration can cause lots of weird symptoms as well. B.

Yeah, I know dehydration can do that. I just didn’t think I’d be fighting cramps a week later.

I’m sorry y’all and I’m not arguing with you, I don’t know why I get like this but I can’t help it. I probably need to get some form of professional help. I’ve just never felt like this and it’s scarring me.

You've not describe a single ALS onset symptom. Seriously, not one. Please take Atsugi's advice and enjoy your life. Twitching means squat.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back