Article on Stem cell therapies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart little guy ain't he? Hope he's smart enough to find a cure!

Thanks for the read!

We need all the Smart people we can get.. Hope he is on to something...Thanks for the read.

Dr. Glass is a very down to earth guy who spouts no nonsense. I appreciate his candor. He spent nearly an hour with my wife and I during our last visit.

I'm glad that I was accepted to be under his care.

"First do no harm"... this article is in itself an answer to why there is "discouragement" to going overseas for new ALS treatments or cures.

Thanks TEd for posting this. Any word on your eligibility for the study?
praying you will be chosen.
Blessings, Pat

Pat looking very good. It is never "official" until it happens, but as of now I am scheduled for March 9th. That being said the last 30 days their exists a lot of tests to ensure your body can handle the surgery. I am scheduled to be patient #11, they are doing patient #10 on Wednesday Feb 9th. For the first portion of the study they are doing 12 patients. After that if the FDA approves they will expand it by 6 more patients and do the injections in the cervical (neck) spine area.

By the way Anne I absolutely agree with your comment about "First do no harm". Obviously it is part of the hypocratic oath. Dr. Glass is very pasionate about this and stressed that I am not obligated to do this. They are very candid and truthful and provide you with no false expectations. They have an ethical review board that reviews each patients profile and gives nay or yay approval. I know the committee even includes a lady whose husband lost his battle with ALS. I know that to Dr. Glass First do no harm is more then just words.

Oh, I don't doubt Dr. Glass's character at all, Ted--I found his article very positive and refreshing in his realism. I'm glad you're going to have the opportunity to participate, and pray that the result is positive. Thank you for posting it.

March 9 isn't very far away, Ted! I'm excited for you.

This is very exciting news, and especially so for you, TedH5! I'm sure you'll keep us to speed, about your acceptance into the trial. We'll be eagerly waiting to hear the news!

ALL the best-
Heidi

Good luck to you, Ted! Thanks for wanting to participate!

Glass doesn't miss a beat!

Hadn't read that one before, thanks for sharing.

That's a very informative article and a great summary of the state of the art. Thanks for posting the link. I harbor a sliver oh hope that a breakthrough in on the horizon.

Ted, I am also a patient of Dr. Glass and have volunteered to be in his stem cell program. I might hear something during my next visit March 11, I’m so glad to be associated with Dr Glass and his clinic. Just wondering, there seems to be very little (if none) on the outcome or progress of the other patients in the test. For example John Conley was the last patent treated (I think) in the program and I haven’t heard anything about his progression. Possibly they keep this confidential.

Since you are about to begin therapy did you do any research as to the success so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back