Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

PLS has been on my radar for a while. it's the ONLY condition that corresponds with many of my symptoms. i'm 4 years in. 100 tests (a conservative guess), dozens of doctors and several misdiagnoses. For the past many months, i've put finding a diagnoses on hold. began to matter less what it was called and i needed to focus exclusively on pain treatment. even though i was being treated for pain, my pain was not by a very long shot being managed. i spent a good deal of the last 3 years laying on my back incapacitated by pain. i'm with a different PM doc now outside my HMO and seeing some promising results (knock wood).

i look forward to being part of this forum.

bluesea...no one has answered you..i guess its cos they dont know what to say.....it is a minefield this neuro stuff...hang in there...johnny

bluesea, good luck... hope your new doc is able to get your pain managed.

Also, I guess not too many people are on the PLS thread, so most have probably not seen your post. You may want to post in the regular ALS sections.

Thanks for your reply johnny and helen. yup, this neuro stuff is a minefield.

Hi, Bluesea. Welcome. Sorry you have to be here, but it's a wonderful place to get information and advice. Hope your problem turns out to be something more easily managed.

Welcome

There are some good docs. Some may be able to point you in the right direction for a DX. I'm kind of with you, we all know I have UMN something, and PLS fits.

Like you, pain management has been an issue. Baclofen helps with my spasms and spasticity. Valium has lessened some other issues, and my pain meds help comtrol overall pain.

Welcome to the group

Welcome Bluesea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back