Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Cottonwood
After 2 1/2 years of ALS with no progression beyond the original presentation, our ALS doc said the Jim had 'arrested' ALS which is very rare. He does have the weakness, fasics, etc that originally brought him to ALS, but they have not progressed beyond the original diagnosis state! (legs, feet, fingers, hip flexors). His EMG's are the same if not better than at diagnosis, and his clinical features and strength tests are also the same.

The doc said this is very rare, and there is no explanation for it. Jim will still be monitored at clinic, and they want him in the bio-marker research study which he has been in for the last 6 months. But we are very happy!

I hope this can give some hope to the newly diagnosed.

We did change our life radically when diagnosed, and addressed stress, diet, exercise, activities, supplements, etc in a strategy to battle this horrific disease.

I would be happy to send anyone the regimen that we are on if the Private Message me.

Will I am so happy for you and Jim. Whatever the reason this is wonderful! Thank Jim for doing the biomarkers. Wishing you many happy years together
Nikki

I am beyond thrilled for you Jim! That's so amazing. I've read about arrested progression, and pray that it happens more often.

Woohoo!

That is fantastic !

I hope the two of you enjoy this gift and live life to the fullest! :D

Will;273016 We did change our life radically when diagnosed said:
Sweet! Those are all positive things that quite frankly...most of us should been doing pre-ALS. Best of luck and God bless!

Fantastic! That does give hope that it is possible! Thank you so much for sharing your absolutely positive encouragement! Enjoy your time together!

Glad to hear this!
Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.
That gives us some hope or light at the end of the tunnel.

Carlos

That is wonderful news! He has been given a second chance. Thank you for sharing and it gives us all hope :D

Thanks for sending the info Will, it's encouraging to know Jim and I are doing nearly the same things!

hey dbltree, how you doing with the progression of the disease...?

I hope the diet and sups have helped you.

Will, I'm so happy that you have good news to post! I think you have likely brightened so many Pals' days, and given hope. Could you please PM me with more details?
Thanks again and continued success!

Linda

This is the best news I have seen here in, well, forever! And, this is what I wanted so much for my husband but never received that miracle. You are receiving a miracle! God Bless You...and thank God!

Will

I'm sorry if I have not sent this message privately, I'm afraid I'm not sure how to do that. I would very much like to know about the regime that you and your partner have established. Please drop me a line when you can.

Regards,

Alan

Will, can you let me know more about Jim's regime?

Regards,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back