Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Call 1-800-FOG-CLEAR!

Seriously, I'm an idiot! I'm a perfectionist and I'm not doing my job well at all! I'm so scattered, I cannot focus and when faced with an obstacle, I start shaking. WHAT?

I went to ship two items to pALS today. One, I had a prepaid label from the ALSGA, the other I had the address. Took both items, left the address! AHHHHH!

Picked son up from school, went to buy milk at the corner store, locked keys in car. DUHHHHHH! My son thanked me for not yelling! LOL :shock:

Anyone else go through this?

Last edited:
Yes. I am assured that it is normal. I sort of freak out when faced with a deadline. That used to be when I did my best work! Now, it takes everything I have to make deadlines. It is starting to ease up a bit. We'll see how I do getting through April 15th and filing taxes!

When Patty weas fist diagnosed, I would spend tons of wasted time during a day looking for forgotten tools. Drive back to the shop to get somthing, get there and completely forget why I wwent back in the first place, give up head back to the site, only to remember half way back.
I keep waiting to get a call from sombody I may have worked for last spring, telling me somthing completely fell apart due to some absent minded mistake I made:smile:
These days tho', I'm totaly clear minded and focused on whatever job is at hand...

Wait. What was the question again?

Yup. It's not even post traumatic stress. You are still living the actual stress of the changes in your life and your body is overreacting. At least that's how it was explained to me. Something fell off the top of the washer today and set off a full blown anxiety attack.

You're understandably stressed Dear One. Go easy on yourself, remember to breathe deeply (sounds weird but I bet you're not), meditate. Know that you are loved.

Last Saturday I HAD to mail a birthday package to one of my daughters little friends that was 3 weeks overdue (whoops!) I also needed to include the little girls birthday check from her aunt, because my friend, her mother, mailed it to me when sending me coupons for boost and ensure. (everyone gets a little scattered at times, not just us) So I go to post office, c%^$ I dont have my phone that has her address in it. Go home get phone, go back to post office. Put present and check into the box I needed to purchase to send it, where's the birthday card? My daughter made the cutest Bday card for her! Screw it. Box has return address, they'll know who it is from... Leave Post Office, car is stuttering - I need gas. Go to gas station, while filling up start looking thru the mound of papers and trash accumulating on passenger seat. Find the Birthday card! Haha! I will take a picture with my phone and send it to friend and let her know we finally got everything in the mail. Huh? Where's the phone? You guessed it ... at the f-ing post office.

Yep! It was 3 months as of the 20th. I have lived in afog since the event happend. I have left my keys everywhere but in my purse, walked into a store and forgotten what i was there for, went to wal mart and gotten stuff for a party that I had already been too. I think i am loseing my mind. I also am quick to anger and have NO filter. People ask me how I am doing and I tell them. But hey if you dont want to know dont freaking ask. The no filter thing is in a way kinda nice, I can say what i have been feeling for years and people say, "she is just upset, she didnt mean to hurt your feelings." But you know what, I kinda did. I have found a sick joy out of hurting people feelings these days. I admit that I am hurting, and I like to see them hurt too. I hate that they get to go on with the happy life they built and i get the pain, the hurt, the loss.

I think being forgetful, etc. is part of grieving. Also the anxiety. Hang in there everybody!

I just hate shaking and feeling like I'm going to throw up!

Marta, that's what I try to do - breathe deeply, but I have been told I'm weird! LOL

Pandora, I feel your "anger!" Where's that Pity Party? If we didn't have to contend with the TSA, I'd suggest a BIG P I T Y P A R T Y at a resort central to all of us! ;)

Totally understand and have been moving through quick sand for over 3 months now. :(

I can't seem to make it on time to things. Mainly, because I can't seem to remember all I need to put in a diaper bag, or Katie's shoes.. or my brain doesn't shut up EVER and constantly is trying to figure out how we will survive, talk to Jason, remembering various times with him, trying to figure out how long it will take to save for Jason's headstone and what to put on it.. never of course when I need to be thinking these things, and can never seem to focus my thoughts, concentration on anything.

I always seem to forget things when grocery shopping, even when I have a list. Forget to put things in the diaper bag. Forget to wash clothes the night before so my kids have clothes for where ever we are going the next day.

I always seem to think I plan enough time to get ready and the right amount of time it takes to get there.. but either something will come up with the kids, William will have to run to the potty, Katie will get something on the outfit and I will have to change her again really quick, I have to scrape the windows, remembering everything to put in the diaper bag, etc.

My brain has been MIA for over 3 months and it is sooo absolutely frustrating!

I use to be soo good at time management, and use to be like a girl scout when it came to making sure I had everything for my little loves, even in the event of something happening while we are out and about.

Can't wait for "me" to return.

Every day is an AARP moment for me

Words cannot take your pain away. Just remember we love and support everyone of you.

Prayers for healing,

Dorothy

It has been only 7 weeks since Karl passed away... I go to work everyday, do my job. But when I come home, I find myself just sitting on the couch, maybe I'll eat dinner...maybe not. I feed the dog and then I sit. I have so much I need to take care of yet... accounts, taxes, bills. But there I sit or fall asleep until it is time to go to bed. Then I do it all over again the next day!

:-(

I was in a fog for a good year after my mom died. There were days I literally could not force myself to concentrate at work no matter what. I know I wasn't producing the quality of work that I should have. I was forgetful, numb, and still so focused on what we had been through the last several months leading up to her death.

I feel really bad that I didn't enjoy my son's birth like I should have which was 6 mos after she died. I was also really surprised the fog lasted as long as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back