Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Okay i just found a video on the internet of positive sharp waves and CRD's....... From the first EMG to the Fourth i have ALWAYS produced the exact sound and picture that the positive sharp wave made. Matter of fact only my left arm had it and on my last EMG when the tech placed the needle in my right leg it made the same exact noise at rest. I always described it as a helicopter sound, it would be so loud and not expected that the techs would have to turn down the machine and every time they always got their "boss" to come in and look over the screen. Whenever they jiggle the needle it produces exactly what the CRD sound and picture does. That does not happen spontaneously but only when they jiggle the needle and they really like to do it over and over to see what happens and it makes the same noise pattern. Why on earth do my EMG's produce these sounds and why do they spend three hours inspecting these muscles if my latest EMG's are normal? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Maybe Wright can enlighten me. Sammantha

have you got copies of your reports? if not I would.

Hi Sammantha....When I had my EMG, doctor who performed the test told me on the spot what was occurring. It really seems unfair that something has been kept from you.

Definitely try to get your results. That's the only way you will find out what is going on with your test and you.

Hey Sammantha

I just stumbled across this thread (sorry I didn't see it earlier). The noise you heard could have been due to you not relaxing your muscles fully or the person giving you the EMG was not able to steady their hands. I'm going to assume that they told you your EMG was clean. I'm not sure what would motivate them to lie if it wasn't clean. My suggestion is to get the EMG report and then post on here what the raw data are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back