Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New Yoek
City
Albany
30 years old here, relatively healthy

Recently, I’ve started experiencing muscle pain and weakness/numbness. Started with my arms (elbow to my hands) then it spread to my legs (calves to feet) and now my upper and lower back.Im also experiencing migraines for the past few days and my muscles in the affected areas randomly twitch also.

Mainly, I’m feeling like my legs,arms,back are really fatigued and I can’t really hold things properly either.

This doesn't sound like ALS at all. I would call Monday for an appointment with your primary care doc. If you become unable to move in a particular way, I would seek care at an Emergency Room.

Best,
Laurie

This doesn't sound like ALS at all. I would call Monday for an appointment with your primary care doc. If you become unable to move in a particular way, I would seek care at an Emergency Room.

Best,
Laurie

Hi, thank you for your response. I will go set up an appointment with my doctor this week.

To quote Greg on an earlier post. Take away everything in your post that has pain numbness, or any other feeling. Not much left is there. ALS being a disease of the motor neurons, it doesn't have a "feeling", your sensory nerves are left intact. As a matter of fact, one of the cruelest parts of the disease is the fact that as your motor neurons die all 5 senses and your brain is left intact leaving you fully aware as you waste away. I don't see ALS in your post.
Vincent

To quote Greg on an earlier post. Take away everything in your post that has pain numbness, or any other feeling. Not much left is there. ALS being a disease of the motor neurons, it doesn't have a "feeling", your sensory nerves are left intact. As a matter of fact, one of the cruelest parts of the disease is the fact that as your motor neurons die all 5 senses and your brain is left intact leaving you fully aware as you waste away. I don't see ALS in your post.
Vincent

Thank you for your response :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back