Not open for further replies.

ajaye1971

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi. I am pretty worried I have ALS. First things first, I have always been a bit of a hypochondriac, however later in life I have learned to control it. That is why I took a few weeks before even venturing onto the google to look at my symptoms, but after things didnt change the hypo in me won out. So here I am. I appreciate all advice and or knowledge.

Well a few months ago, my shoulder kind of just start hurting, no reason for it, no big deal. Figure I tore something, and it would heal on its own. Fast forward to about two weeks ago and I was woken up by my triceps twitching. No big deal, it kept me up most the night, but the next day, it went away. Two days later, my bicep started twitching, and it has yet to go away. Additionally I start getting twitching in random parts of my body (calves, back, shoulder), and when I am walking I would feel these little rumbles in my quads. It almost felt like I had my cell phone in my pocket and it was on vibrate and someone was calling. Additionally, I have started to have pain in my ankles and wrists and fingers. Next thing up my opposite shoulder started hurting like my initial shoulder for no reason. Now I will just get these zaps of pain in my body (i.e my back, my foot, my hamstring). So fight as I might I had to look this up and it all points to either I have ALS or I need to seek psychiatric care.

I really would appreciate your insight.

Nope, not even a bit like ALS I'm so happy to say.
Read this one, then maybe instead of jumping to psychiatry, how about you see your PCP and have a good check over and found out why you have pain and get some path back to health. All the best, please don't use this place to fuel your fears.

Second that. There is no either/or here about ALS or mentally unhealthy. Do see your PCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back