tatsu15

Country
US
State
Hawaii
City
Honolulu
Hello,

I am brand new to the boards and 7 months pregnant. I am in 34 and wondering what could be wrong with me. It started on jANUARY 1 2009 when I noticed a strange feeling in my right hand ... like it felt "ticklish" And noticed it started to get weak as days passed particularly my thumb area. Then a week later it went to my left hand with the same feeling and now it has some weakness in my ankles/legs but the weakness comes and goes. When I sleep it goes away and wake up for a few hours I don't have the weakness, but as hours pass the weakness comes back and I am really scared. I already have 10 month old that I need to take care of. I went to Neuro and he thinks it's carpal tunnel syndrome but isn't carpal tunnel only in the hands and not in the legs?

So he didn't do any blood test on me. I found out I was slightly anemic so have been taking 2 iron pills a day and some weakness has gone away but it hasn't gone away completely. I'm just so worried and confused about my symptoms.

Nope

My wife had tons of weird stuff happen when she was pregnant. Have your baby, then see. Because everything gets swollen, she had CT also.

tatsu,

Carpal tunnel is very common when you are pregnant. Your legs can also have something to do with fluid if it is not there when you are laying down or when you first get up. Please do yourself a favor get off of this website and stop googling you will drive yourself crazy.
The last thing you need is to be worrying about is ALS, when it doesn't sound like it at all.

please take care of yourself,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back