Are these als symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats makes u think i didnt go to doctors .
I consulted 4 neurologist and their answer has been the same...lets see in 6 months..if things progress etc then we will know.
N mind u i dont have health insurance so all the tests and appointments im paying from my pcoket.
When i didnt get the answers and whem i realized they dont understand this ..i started asking here..to the real ppl who are aware of this.

Mitsy, this forum is not an alternative to medical care. This is the reason we tell people to work with their doctors. This forum exists primarily to support those who have been diagnosed with ALS and their caregivers. We can answer basic questions for people who are looking for some guidance with regards to concerns about ALS, but are not here to provide diagnostic assistance, nor medical advice for non-diagnosed, non-ALS conditions. If someone's health history is complex, we will always recommend in-person medical care from doctors.

You have been cleared of ALS by 4 neurologists and the people here do not see anything familiar with what you report. You have received the recommendation to ask your doctors your questions because this forum is not able to provide you the answers you need. While we are sympathetic with regards to accessible and affordable medical care, we simply can not provide you with what you need here.

If you are replying to me about going to doctors, I never said you didn't.
I am simply saying, we can only read the text descriptions you give of what is happening. Doctors examine you physically and run tests that are appropriate.
We really can't say anything else - 4 neurologists in 6 months is extraordinary! None of them say you have ALS. We certainly won't say you do, or you don't, but we can say what you are experiencing is not like what we know of ALS. It would appear all these doctors also say it is not presenting as ALS.
I'm sorry you feel that we are an alternative to medical care, we are not.
You have been cleared of ALS it seems, so that's the end of what we can comment on.
I'm so sorry you don't yet have answers, and the waiting and process can be very hard to work through.

You may not get "an answer." Sometimes no one can say exactly why you have the problems you have, and you you have to do the best you can. For example, you could try physio or massage and see if that helps, start a stretching regimen in the morning, look at your walking shoes to see if they could be more supportive, keep a diary of your diet and sleep and how you feel after, and things like that.

Refreshing sleep can take you a good way past many problems, so I would certainly focus on that. If four neurologists don't think there is anything to worry about, I would return to your GP from time to time to make sure nothing is really worsening seriously, and to explore how you might be able to feel better, but also meanwhile try some of the suggestions above. If you do have an illness, I suspect it is systemic, not neurological.

I think we have done all that we can do for you here, so I am closing this thread. Please don't start another unless you have further reason after visiting a doctor to be concerned about ALS. I don't think you will, and that is a very good thing.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back