00/0000
Country
IN
State
MH
City
Mumbai
Im 44 years old female.
In 2019 i had some minor twitching here and there and maybe sometimes pain in whole body.
but it went off and thjngs were fine.
Now from May month my
1. twicthing has increased,its both visible n invisble ,mostly more on little bit of walking or excercise..my nose,my feet ,my legs,hands,buttocks,tummy every thing twitch.
2. i get numbness specially in knees or pain when i walk uphill ..
3. I get hard muscles and sometimes cramp if i sit down or walk a little and that makes me feel like a stiff person and walking becomes difficult.i feel ill fall down.

Since it progressed from may...im concnerned whether this is als.
I had gone an emg in april but when it was don3 i didnt hv cramps, pain or twicthing..so it didmt detect..only nerve study showed low amplitude signal.

Sometimes i get pain in my legs and burning sensation. But its mostly stiffness and twitching its scaring me and not able to walk n feeling lile walking down.

in als do you get stiff muscles and feel u cant stand on them.?
Cramps n ten following pain that remain whole day.
Does ur feet too twitch
Doesur feet too twitch

Last edited by a moderator:
This does not sound like ALS. If the NCS showed low amplitude, that might be something to follow up on, that is completely different. From what you describe, it was not done too early to show signs of ALS if there had been any.

I would follow up with your doctor as to whether physio might help, what diagnoses are still possible, and what, if any further testing should be done.

Best,
Laurie

What kind of health issues can cause low amplitude signal .
And can the same cause muscle stiffness and cranps fasciculations.

That is too long a list without knowing more about which motor or sensory nerve(s) showed the problem and the physical findings, and so is a question to ask the doctor. But to the extent that might mean a loss of axons, for example, the answer to your second question is yes.

Screenshot_20220707-104934_WhatsApp.jpg

What kind of diease this indicates.
I do get cramps and soemtimes shaky feeling.
Muscle stiffness on and off.
Twitching both visible and invisble..nostly it goes pop pop everywhere n mostly in my right leg.
My knees r weak too.

Not ALS I'm glad to say!
You need to sit down and talk with your doctor. We are not doctors and we only deal with ALS here I'm sorry.

Thank you for the reply.
Im trying to get information on what it is. They just say maybe bfs or cfs..
Truth is they r not sure.

These are questions you need to bring to your doctor. You are asking strangers on the internet to diagnose you-very dangerous! Your doctor can answer any of these medical questions that you have; that is what they are there for.

Good luck to you and take good care

"Mildly low" is not necessarily a problem at all. Median and ulnar nerves very commonly get compressed/irritated by keyboarding and other repetitive motion. So you want to watch your work position (keyboard/phone at right height/angle, etc.) and ask about exercises (there are a ton on YouTube) to help prevent further damage to your wrists/hands.

BFS and CFS are very common and seem to account for what you describe. Often it is hard for doctors to say 100% sure on something you present with no really measurable symptoms. ALS is measured by clinical exams and EMG testing, and you seem very clear on those tests.
I am afraid that's all we can say here, please return to your doctor if still concerned, but twitching means nothing at all.

Thank you for the replies.
One last thing in my mind, does cramping in als worsens with weather?
Its pretty cold at my place n if im not wearing socks cramping increases .
I took an appointment with rheumatologist ,got in September.

Cold feet increase cramping in anyone, healthy or not. Socks, balancing the electrolytes in your diet, and keeping warm generally may help.

Is Dystonia a Symtpom of als.?
My foot has started doing this.

Hello-
It's time to return to your doctors to ask them about your particular situation. The folk here are not the people to be asking your questions to. It's been recommended a few times now that you visit with your doctor, please understand it's important you do so. You will get more qualified answers from a medical professional who can answer you after they examine you in person.

Please don't become 'one of those' people that keep popping back every few days with just another thing that came to mind ... all concerns now need to be taken to your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back