Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Albany
I am new to this forum and I tried to post earlier this morning but I don’t see my thread any more. Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong. First off I want to say thank you for the time and effort you put into this great community.

I am a 37 year old male that is fairly active in my school and community. I teach and coach high school sports and l love what I do. Please bare with me as I have had some strange symptoms for over a month now and I am just looking for some answers.

Lately I’ve noticed a few things going on. My left hand has felt weaker than normal and it seems that my left arm and hand fatigue a little more than I can remember. My left thumb and forefinger have felt tighter than normal and seem to be most of my issues. I have felt a little clumsy with my left hand lately and have dropped a couple of things, but nothing that has made me say wow, that’s unusual. I can still do most everything I normally do, my left arm and hand just have a different feeling.

I’ve also noticed that my left leg seems to be heavier and a little weaker than I can remember as well. My calf and hamstrings have had some cramping and I feel like my gait is a little different than usual. I haven’t tripped or fallen, but at times I have felt off balance and bumped into a few things. Last couple of nights I have also noticed a lot of twitching in my left hip, quad, hamstring, and calf and it was pretty noticeable throughout the night. I can still go throughout my day, I can stand on my toes, I can jump from place to place, it just feels different and a little weaker. I don’t really know how to explain it.

Lastly I have seemed if I have had some trouble talking. No one has noticed, but it seems sometimes I have a problem getting a certain word out, or mispronouncing a word completely. My mind has felt a little foggy and I have been really tired lately. I am exhausted by the time I get home from work, and a lot of the time I convince myself it’s because I work 12 hours days teaching and coaching, with about 4 hours spent outside in the heat.

The reason why I am here is of course I googled my symptoms and ALS came up. Which I know using the internet isn’t the smartest thing to do sometimes.

I have read the stickies above what seems like a thousand times and I have questioned my symptoms that many as well. I currently don’t have a PCP, and that’s the reason I came here to ask a few questions.

1. Could my symptoms be an early sign of ALS? Should I be worried about MND?

2. I have currently been dieting (cutting carbohydrates and eating healthier) for about the same time as the symptoms came about. Could this be the issue? ( I have lost over 20 pounds so far)

3. Could this be related to long work days and weeks with a lot of time spent out in the harsh southern heat?

4. Is all this weakness in my mind and something I have perceived? And, am I overthinking this and over reacting about my symptoms and I shouldn’t be here?

Thank you so much for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back