Are.my symptoms likely the beginning of ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl79

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Stockport
First of all, thank you in advance for any reply. I do have an initial doctors appointment booked but there is a long wait.

For the past four months I've had twitching in my left calf. The twitching is sometimes visible but often not and is inconsistent. It sometimes happens several times in a minute and then can go a few minutes or more without a noticeable twitch. The twitching is always at rest but is not stopping me from sleeping.

I have also in the last two months experienced a fluttery feeling in the bottom of one of my left foot and a little twitching and more recently a cramp like feeling down the side of the left foot. This cramp seems to appear in the first half an hour to an hour after I've been active but then stops with prolonged rest.

I have always had a certain amount of infrequent twitching and this continues in other leg, arm, shoulder and my side etc. But what is new (in last four months) is the high frequency of twitching in my left leg and the cramp/twitching in my foot. Perhaps the other parts of my body are twitching a little more too or maybe Im just more aware of them.now.

I have no weakness or noticeable muscle atrophy or other notable changes apart from a tight feeling along my index finger after use which gets better with rest but haven't noticed that in a few days.

Thanks for your kindness

I don't see anything to worry about as regards ALS. You might reconsider the electrolytes in your diet, your hydration level, and sleep. A drop of Mg lotion on hot spots can be helpful.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back