Are all women like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good answers!

I have a solution, Joel.

I am getting a little sign to wear around my neck for my husband and caregivers that reads: "Sorry, I cannot answer you because I cannot speak." My husband forgets, and caregivers persist in asking questions that require explanations when I don't have a way to answer. My hands are in water, or my LightWriter is out again, etc. My entire vocabulary is thumbs up and thumbs down, except when I'm seated at the DynaVox.

Since this seriously bothers you, why not a little sign on a lanyard around your neck that says, "One question at a time, Honey"?

I had no trouble identifying with Joel's wife...I do the same thing-to my husband, my kids, my mom...anyone I'm "taking care of" at any given time. While I do think it's just part of the the "caregiver", I definitely think there's a gender influence. My husband has no problem with accepting a simple "yes/no", while I will often do the "are you sure?-how about some ice tea?-do you want a sandwich!?-

BUT, I've read some very wise counsel, on this site. You are all an impressive group!
Peace!

Hi there all young boys.... I just think you are all very spoiled? That is the answer to your questions? Spoiled Boys and if we didn't ask you would be pouting.. Something to think about? Linda

Linda, why are you so bitter against men? Sorry you are having a bad day.

There are very significant differences between the way men and women think and react to situations. That is the beauty of life. It is interesting to post some of these questions so each side can start to understand how each other thinks.

no, i'm having a great day. Iwas just being a little cheeky.... Hugs, to you. Linda SMILE!

this is jen, linda's daughter. i just changed her avatar for her and thought i'd see what she's been writing. Joel, why do men assume so much? My mom is not so bitter against men. AND she's not having a bad day. That's a lot to assume from her wondering why you're so spoiled! Just be happy you have a wife to get you a glass of water! Have a good day! luv ya mom:))

Hi Jen, welcome to our online family.

I would be even more happy if I could get a glass of water. LOL. I know I have a super wife who cares about my care!

My point and hope was to encourage all caregivers to ask one question at a time, wait for an answer, then believe the answer. I still get 3 questions in rapid succession. When I finally get my request to be made known that all I want is a drink of water there has to be another series of question; would you not rather have ........?

All too often I don't get anything to drink after not agreeing to what she wants to give me. LOL. I even say I will take whatever she wants to give me but that only starts another round of questions that I can't answer. By this time I am totally worn out and don't care anymore.
Life is a challenge! Told you men and women do not think the same.

I guess that's why they say "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus".

Joel, I have learned not to ask to many questions, and slow down. I am not perfect yet, but trying hard! I never really thought about it until you posted it. Thanks Lori

:grin: My husband and i had a good laugh over this .Yes I too am guilty of this .LOL

Joel-
Sorry, but I chuckled under my breath when I read your post. I'm afraid most women are exactly like that! I think I do it because I am just thinking out loud. I want to be sure that I have thought of everything my husband could possibly want when I offer him something. I know that my husband gets frustrated with so many questions, too. Your wife is just trying to make sure that you have what you want!;)

As I am caring for my wife I dont ask a lot of questions, I simply try to respond with what she is asking for however, at times understanding what she is asking for is a bit of a struggle. I feel the more times she tries to repeat it, it fatigues her to an unnecessary point. It is frustrating for her and I. But one thing is certain we get her need addressed and taken care of. If you are thirsty and need a drink it is important that you get something.
sincerely Paul Durlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back