Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Beverly
Hello,

My name is Max and I'm currently a Master of Art student studying interior design. I'm studying caregiver needs as it relates to space and design and am looking for a few people to interview and tell me how their experience. My overall goal is to better design hospice facilities to meet caregiver needs so if anyone if willing to let me interview them or leave comment it would be greatly appreciated. No comment is to small and can be anything from more windows to larger rooms. I also created a survey and would appreciate anyone who can take it. Hospice Design and Family Experience Survey. My father passed away due to complications from ALS in June and its been very therapeutic working on this project. Thank you again for your time and if anyone has any suggestions on how to better design the space it would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!
-Max

Hi Max,

I looked at your survey and see that it is focused on institutional hospice facilities. I think you'll find that most als patients stay at home and never go to a separate hospice facility. Some do go for short term respite care in order to give the caregivers a short break, and I think the most important aspects of the institutions in that case are the knowledge and quality of the staff in caring for als patients rather than the physical facilities. But the greater design issues are for at-home care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back