Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Dennisville
Well this will be a super stressfull week. Tomorrow AM have appointment with pulmonologist, more importantly Wednesday with the ALS clinic at u of penn, and Friday new emg's. I am totally freaked out by the speed at which this has gotten to this point. Tried to work today and that was a joke. Don't have a diagnosis but the throat and breathing issues are very poor indicators. Wish me good luck because I sure could use some.

Good luck billy,
Who are you seeing at the u of penn?
I have an appointment next month with Dr. Bird.

throat

billy can you tell me what kind of throat issues you are dealing with?

I have times where I gag, not sure if its just post nasal drip, as I have no als diagnosis.

Now it feels as if the top of my mouth in the back is swollen and even though I never have issues getting food or liquid down my throat feels different.

I really hope things work out good for you, fingers are crossed!

Tom

Replies

Dr. bird did my original emg. I am seeing Dr. McCluskey.

Throat issues feel just like you said, in between the tonsil area under the uvula, like post nasal drip without the drip.

Billy,
I was seeing Dr McCluskey and he referred me to Dr. Bird.
What did you think of Dr. Bird.
Are you seeing Dr. McCluskey at Pennsylvania Hosp or is his still working at the u of penn as well.

Dr. bird

Dr. Bird only did my emg with two other Drs. We did not speak that much as he only did the procedure and I was brought down from bed to his lab for the test. But he is supposed to be one of the best with emg.

Good luck with all your tests, Billy. Let's hope it is something treatable. Hugs, Cindy

Billy:

I'll pray that you receive good news. I also experience "strange" throat sensations as if there is something in the back of my throat that just won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back