Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
To: ALS Forums Message Board

I want to formally apologize for my posts in the original thread posted by Rick. Its obviously very sad for anyone to get an ALS diagnosis whether 29 or 99. Im very sorry for what I said Rick, Im a good person. Im just really frustrated. For those who dont know me I hav significant muscle atrophy and twitches. The atrophy is very depressing. Im 29 and should be at the prime of physcial condition. Instead I have toothpicks as arms and legs. I cant get any help from any docs..

We all understand, it is just not fair for a young man like yourself to be going through this crap. You have been going through this stuff toooo long, and we all know you are a good guy.

To Lou

Hey Lou.
I read over some of your posts and am trying to get a feel for your condition. I thought I had read in one of them that you were diagnosed with myolopathy. Did I read that incorrectly? I think you also said that you have had clean EMG's with muscle atrophy: is that correct? If so, that is a good sign. What that means, is that you probably had some type of acute denervation of the muscle and they managed to reinnervate. EMG's can miss that whole process if you get them at certain times during that process. In other words, you are probably on your way to healing and getting better. Unfortunately, what can take a very short time to destroy (acute denervation of a muscle, which then leads to atrophy) can take quite a long time to fix. Hang in there and be thankful that your EMG didn't show chronic denervation / reinervation. There are a lot of nasty autoimmune syndromes and viruses that like to "eat" peripheral nerves. That is probably what happened to you.
If you'd like, private message me . . . or share your full story on here so we can all get a better feel for your condition. Time-lines are important if you can remember (e.g. how long it took for the atrophy, how many muscles atrophied at once, the weakness, the fasics, etc.).

Take care.

It's alright, we still love you Lou!

We hope that you will keep us all updated with what is going on with you and wish you the best! :grin:

Lou, you are still our friend. We still care about you! I know frustration is a " sonofagun." May God bless you.

Irma

Lou- we all make mistakes. Your apology is very gracious. I can see from everyone's response that you've made some real friends here, and I am sure you are equally well-liked in your personal life. Thanks for reminding us that we all need each other. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back