Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Oaks
23 y/o male.

Have been twitching for over 8 weeks now. Get them all over, but mostly in my legs, in particular my left calf. I started taking Paxil 6 weeks ago for anxiety/depression. Since I've been taking that, the twitches have become regular when I'm at rest, not sure if it is related to the med or not. I went to my doctor last night for a check up, he said it was possible the fascics are from the med, but wasn't sure. He did a strength test on my legs that I passed (I bodybuild and workout fairly intensely 4 times a week so I knew I wouldn't have any trouble). He also took my reflexes below me knee and on the achilles. They were normal except my left ankle was hyporeflexive. He said I shouldn't be worried about ALS because of my age, but he also said twitching wasn't good. Is there anything I should be worried about or are these twitches likely BFS and/or the result of my med?

Thanks.

You lift weights, you have anxiety and you're on a new medication. You hit the trifecta. I think the twitches are more than likely benign. Go to a neuro if you're still worried about it, but you most likely don't have a thing to worry about.

Thanks for your response.

What about the decreased reflex in my left ankle/achilles? Anything to worry about regarding ALS or is that a different issue?

Hi,
i do not think you have ALS...hyperflexia, not hypoflexia is indicative of ALS...i have peripheral neuropathy and had hypoflexes, lots of twitching, numbness, pain and tingling...annoying and sometimes i am afraid of falling(cause i can't feel my feet), but it won't kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back