Anyone tried the botox? with what results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenda barton

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Langley
had first teatment yesterday and it has already helped with spasticity in my left arm. Neurologist injected botox into bicep and loer arm. My fingers were cramping so tight it was painful to pry them open to massage them. He says will do fingers in 2 1/2-3 months.

I take 3 baclofen and on bad days 4, dr says usually the best effect of botox kicks in after a week. I am hopeful I wont have take 4 daily again.

I read in older posts that Ritulek is to be avoided. Anyone know the difference between Ritulek and Baclofen. Thanks for previous help.

The way I understand it is Baclofen is for spastcity and muscle spasms. Rilutek MAY extend your life and/or the time you need help for breathing issues.

thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Rilutek is the only drug approved by the FDA for the treatment of ALS. The original studies determined that it might extend the time to vent by 3 months. Some members of our forum family have been on it for years, others are unable to take it due to side effects, some choose not to take it because of the cost. Many insurance policies will cover the cost of the medication with a co-pay. You can do a search on the forum to read what others have to say about it.

Check the bottom of this page for links to more on Botox.

AL.

Brenda I have a young friend who had a stroke several years ago. He gets Botox injections in his legs once or twice a year for muscle spasms and finds it really helps. He has done this for the last 3 years. He also takes low dose of Zanaflex for the spasms (similar to Baclofen). Good luck with the Botox.
Laurel

I've had botox injections for saliva control. So far they haven't kicked. The doctor said 4 day to 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back