Diagnosis
7/2019
Country
SG
State
NA
City
Singapore
Enerpuncture is method using assupunture to inject medicine into body, its a product from Enercel. I have read couple of good reviews from patients not sure if those are legit or paid reviews.

No one has talked of this here. If it were a cure, you can bet we would have huge messages shouting it here and the forum would be closed.
If it sounds too good to be true .........

Snake venom, homeopathic remedies, aloe and common calcium, among a laundry list of ingredients? They might as well have thrown darts. Maybe they did.

If there is no scientific basis for something and it could cause harm, it would not seem worth the risk. This approach would fit that category.

Well i agree but i just raised a voice or shouted. I thought maybe if any fellow forum member have experienced it... i am not saying its cure but another way of lower the speed of Als.

i am not saying its cure but another way of lower the speed of Als.
May I ask where you get evidence it will lower the speed of ALS?

I understand the desire to slow progression.

We don't have any reason to believe that this would, and considerable evidence that inserting hodgepodge concoctions into the bloodstream, if only because metabolizing such things would take more energy, even if they had no ill effects, would actually make things worse. There is also the matter of drug interactions, largely unknown for non-standardized pharmaceutical ingredients. There is no statement of quantities or concentrations -- right there, a huge red flag. Do you put pills in your body that way?

If you want your dad to consider known, standardized, quantifiable supplements that might help with energy and wellbeing, there are several threads here to that effect.

May I ask where you get evidence it will lower the speed of ALS?
Went through couple of blog postings where patients says/claims they feel the slow progression after using it.

I understand the desire to slow progression.

We don't have any reason to believe that this would, and considerable evidence that inserting hodgepodge concoctions into the bloodstream, if only because metabolizing such things would take more energy, even if they had no ill effects, would actually make things worse. There is also the matter of drug interactions, largely unknown for non-standardized pharmaceutical ingredients. There is no statement of quantities or concentrations -- right there, a huge red flag. Do you put pills in your body that way?

If you want your dad to consider known, standardized, quantifiable supplements that might help with energy and wellbeing, there are several threads here to that effect.
Well this is what the method was. Right or wrong i do not know, thats why i raised voice here to know the suggestions. When their is no way out you certainly would start looking here and there and believing maybe it will help. Now about supplements, yes he is taking ensure plus by mouth not as an feed tube. I went through couple of threads here about suppliments, if you think anything special or particular that i should read please help me in providing the direct link.

Thanks

This is so new for you sohail. Some of us have been dealing for a long time. I am FALS so forever for me.

I can’t tell you how many blogs have touted one approach or another. Sometimes they are fake but often real. What we see though is usually after an initial burst on enthusiasm they go quiet and then often we eventually learn of their death.

I have taken many supplements. Always with the knowledge of my doctor often because of her recommendation. I never really found anything that made a difference except magnesium for cramps. One way to look into it is by reason. Like pick a supplement for reducing inflammation or anti oxidant or whatever. Another path is things that have shown some small benefit in trials like acetyl l carnitine or tudca. One thing I did learn is to limit the number of things I take because it can be both burdensome and hard on the stomach. Always check for interactions and side effects and add slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back