Anyone think of Botox or something else for facial appearance reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW96

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2021
Country
US
State
IL
I have lost so much facial muscles my face is pretty flat, my eyes sunken in looking with bags under them and Eyebrow line sunken down, and major forehead wrinkles. I've never been one to ever want to think about Botox or chemicals in my skin. But I just look so awful in pictures and people probably majorly notice my face. I just use collagen moisturizer and Olay regenerist anti wrinkle, eye cream but obviously none of that is really going to do anything. Any ideas?

Hello. My doctor suggested multiple botox injections in my jaw to stop my drooling which can be bad at times

Besides the injectables, if it's more an appearance thing, I would first try to make sure your sleep and hydration are good. Getting enough B vitamins, esp. B2, helps the skin and eye circles, too.

To make sure people can see the whole you, you could try bright or dark colors, a scarf or jewelry (like matching earrings/necklace), a nice wrap, etc. You want to make sure your hair looks good, and just before you go out, try vitamin E cream and foundation/blush that cuts the eye circles at an angle.

You're still you, and people are probably not dwelling on your face nearly as much as you think!

Best,
Laurie

I'm not sure if you're using a bipap at night or not. If you aren't I do recommend you look into it. One of the surprising to me benefits of having the assistance at night was the sudden and noticeable improvement of my skin, including the bags under my eyes.

Thanks, they actually are giving me something similar - AVAP for at night time.
I just went to a celebrity convention and I used photoshop to airbrush the under eye bags. I looked awful in some of the pics looking like I'm forcing a quarter of a smile. Then I figured out how to turn my head to one side a little and smile so it's not so forced looking.

More for my forehead wrinkles, I lost so much muscle up there my forehead looks like I'm 100.
The eye circles I can kinda hide a little with concealer etc if I wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back