Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Corpus Christi
Me again! I was wondering if there was anyone from Texas on this site and especially anyone down south (Corpus Christi area). Thanks, Kimberly

Houston here!
Howdy! You will find alot of help and support here, I don't always post, but always read
Welcome
Netty

Hi Kim, I be in Tomball/Houston area. I am a former Cals, lost my son, 38, to Als 11 mos. ago. Welcome! Feel free to ask questions,

Irma

hi, el paso, texas here.

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'm learning that I'm not the only one out there dealing with this and its a comfort to read entries. Thanks again, Kimberly

I am in San Marcos, about 3 hours from Corpus Christi. My husband has the bulbar form of ALS and fronto temporal dementia. Diagnosed in the fall of 2004 with ALS and diagnosed with FTD in the fall of 2005. The FTD predated the ALS. I was running our ranch in Idaho at the time (1998-2004), so didn't see the personality changes in him--wasn't around him enough. We had bought the ranch for him to retire there and I ran it while he tried to get his business sold in Texas.

ALS presented itself first with slurring of his words. I thought that it was caused by some small strokes and I put the ranch up for sale since his business was not even close to being sold. This was no time to be 1700 miles apart. Anyhow...........a stroke would have been a better diagnosis. He started dragging his left leg about 2 years ago and is falling a lot now. He is in a nursing home because of the FTD. He has been only able to drink high protein drinks now for over a year. No peg tube because of the dementia. Hugs to all of you going through this............

Melanie

Hi from Conroe

Hello fellow Texan,

My wife was just diagnosed with ALS. For a year now, she has had symptoms, slurred speech, falling down, hard to use hands, legs giving problems. I'm glad that there is this board, and gives hope and comfort at the same time, to have people to talk to for guidance and moral support.

Austin. I attend the ALS Clinic at UT's Health Science Center in San Antonio quarterly. Next visit June 18, 2008.

My husband also attends the ALS Clinic at UT's Health Science Center in San Antonio. Don't know when the next visit is scheduled. I don't know if Jerry will be walking by the next one. He was there last in February. They said they wanted to see him in 3-6 months.

Melanie

ALS clinic

Our first appt will be July 11 unless they can get us in earlier. My husband seems to think his is progressing rapidly. He was diagnosed 4-23 left arm almost useless and the fasciculations in his legs are keeping him awake at night. I'm hoping things will slow down after being on his meds for a while (on Lithium, tetracycline, Rilutek) I wanted to know what to expect from the clinic visits:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back