brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Please help Stu, if you can!

Here is his message I discovered on the famous social site:

TO PALS AND CALS WE'VE HELPED. WHO WILL HELP US NOW?

ALSGA is trying to put together a short video about those we've helped. It's for an upcoming fundraising event. We need short video clips specifically for the event. The idea is to take 15-20 stories and put them together as one larger video. You don't need speech. A speaking devise will do fine.... or simply someone to tell your story..... or we can use captions. The types of questions to be answered are below. Who will help US now?

1) When where you diagnosed with ALS? And what was you reaction to the diagnosis?
2) How has this disease affected your life?
3) What are your biggest fears?
4) What is are your biggest needs to help you along?
5) How did you find ALSGA? And why?
6) How did ALSGA help you?
7) What do you wish could be done better to help people in your situation?
8) What do you wish people would know about this disease and about you?
9) What can people do to help?

Please contact Stu via Facebook message, email ([email protected]) or phone (949-233-3045).

Apparently, he's not had too many responses. I was unaware of his request until last night. I will be doing what I can, in videoing my husband and letting him talk, with me trying to interpret. Hope others that have been helped will now help Stu with this fund raiser!

I don't know why the number eight is showing smiling with sunglasses on such a serious question. LOL

CJ,

The command for the face with the sunnies is 8 )
Just like the laughing face is : LOL :
( have added space between them so they don't turn in to faces ):lol:

Cheers
Peter

:smile: I fount it ! I saw this link but could not post as I forgot my password,then I could not find it.
:D I am honored , Blessed to have been helped several times in the past few years ! Stu is always there for me he will help you too. Sorry I do not know other workers as when I first met Stu and got help it was just him, well I knew Sharon God Bless her I miss her , sorry if i am missing other names of Angels. Stu has been an Angel for me and many of my Pals and Cals friends.

Oh, dear Alley. So glad you are still with us.

I hope you will be able to let us know how you are doing!

sent my video in a couple of weeks ago

Has someone talked to Kay Marie? I talked to her a few days ago, and tomorrow morning I will give her a call about this. She has been helped a couple times by Stu, and I am sure she would love to send some sort of video but I know she has her hands full with the storm damage and all. Hummmmm......

The deadline has past for videos now. Maybe for a future fundraiser? Might want to check with Stu before she goes to any trouble.

I hope we will be able to see the fruits of our labor and see the resulting videos after Nadine has worked her magic. Mine will take a lot of magic! LOL

Just as well because I forgot to give Kay a call today because it was such a stressful busy day at the doctors with my daughter. Cant wait to see the video! If I dont catch it, please let us know when its up and running!
Hugs CJ!

These guys at GA are absolutely great. I'm gonna do the darn book to promote awareness even if Brooke and I are the only contributors, LOL.

Seriously--they are an awesome group. It amazes me how much just a few people can accomplish with determination.

Some TV shows lately are talking about ALS--it was just featured in a Hawthorne episode last night and another show last week, which I've forgotten--so that has to help with awareness, too!

We're doing a fundraising CPR class and a sale (rather I am with the aid of another CPR Instructor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back