Anyone having weird feeling in legs? Like electricity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting

Although my diagnosed is only "PLS" at this point I have the exact same feeling in my left leg everynight (and sometimes during the day when resting). It feels like a slight humming or buzzing feeling. Believe it or not, the first time I felt that exact feeling was during my lumbar puncture. Early into the procedure when I was on my side he hit something near the spine and my leg got tense and started shaking. It hurt a lot when he first hit it, then he had me lay on my stomach and tilted the table, after a few minutes he kept asking how my legs felt and my exact statement was it felt like I was being "electricuted" in my leg (it was pain by that point, but it was that buzzing feeling).

Just thought I'd share.....must have something to do with the nerves near the spine?

The buzzing description sounds almost like what I feel. But, it also has like a trembling thing going on at the same time. Not as bad as when I had the facilitation's in the legs. These facilitation's have stopped since I lost the use of my legs.

This is more like a vibrator on medium speed I guess, with electricity thrown ionto the mix.

Oh, it's just hard to put into words. Anyway something strange is going on and last night was the first time in two days I got any sleep because of it. I took 2 Klonophin, and a Valium to finally get any sleep.

I just got a new bed with the "Space Age Memory Foam", which does not work very well for me. I sink about 6 inches into the mattress when I lay down, and if I am on the side of the bed trying to transfer to my wheelchair I sink a full 12 inches down.

I would not recommend anyone with lost motor functions get one of these mattresses.

Last edited:
Me and My Bro

Alright Bro...you in deep uhhhh....trouble now!
Yea....all I wanted that Christmas was a cowgirl outfit with Majorette boots? Welll that tells ya a lot about me lol.....Still crazy after all these years....
Love ya Bro...and Hi e body...

Geez Bro...after all the trouble you went through to get that mattress.....man thats a shame....I know it has to be hard to get out of bed like that....
Ya know I am still not use to this forum ....so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area .....I can't even find what I posted yesterday to see if anyone replyed....I am just floating around in cyber space me and my spacy self..:confused:

AHH HA! I found you all....Thank you Cindy and Al for the warm welcome.......If I can remember ....I will check back here more often.....Memory not the best in the world.....Must have been those tight majorette boots or Nagasaki Genes my brother and I are blessed with....If dad would have only stayed on board we would be just fine....:(

yES I HAD THE SAME FEELINGS LIKE A VIBRATION IN MY FEET IT FELT LIKE IT WAS COMING FROM THE FLOOR BUT IT WAS MY FOOT THAT WAS VIBRATING I HAD THAT AT THE BEGINNING OF MY ALS NOW ITS GONE PAT 1

At least that is encouraging Pat. Maybe like all things, it will pass in time.
Thanks to everyone for the input and ideas. I was beginning to think my old mind was playing tricks on me.

hi capt al

no your mind is intact lol. i love the pictures, aaahhhhh was'nt you adorable al and your sister also. i may be biased but i agree you are better looking:)
i tend to think the vibrating feeling is like touching something that is vibrating like a washing machine on spin, it can feel like you are shaking inside sometimes.
wow i'm suprised how many of you have this,i too thought it must be just me.
maybe it is a nerve thing but in mnd nerve conduction tests are normal, i have read paralysis can be in many forms regards to how a person feels it happening, so i would personally think it is this or weakness.
god bless
caroline:-D

Before I Had Any Signs Of Als I Would Wake Up Feeling A Tremor Inside My Body Lasting About 10 Minutes. .
When I Told My Boss Who Is A Md He Said Maybe You Had A Fever Which Was Stupid On His Part.

It Lasted For Years Only On Wakening Very Strange. Now After 9 Years Its Gone Pat 1

I get that tremor every day now. It is in my trunk muscles. As the day wears on it becomes very pronounced. I can control it but after awhile the effort gets too much. The minute I relax I break out in the shakes.

I found this old post when doing a search for my husband. He too has been having electrical currents running through his legs. It has increased quite a lot and he is very uncomfortable because of it. He cannot stand having anything on his legs (pants, bed sheet, nothing). He has very little use of his legs and much atrophy. Will this feeling eventually subside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back